Wednesday, February 28, 2007

School is MY Life

Whether it's Cassi's school or my school, right now, anyway, school is MY life. Last night's class was good. While in the library, I was able to purchase two soft-cover books for 50 cents each. "What Does Your Wife Do? Gender and the Transformation of Family Life" was the first book and "Sweet Reason a Field Guide to Modern Logic" was the other. Have no idea when I'll get around to reading these books, but they sounded like interesting reads. I don't have many books at home to read, other than my school books.

Then, at class, Professor Mary brought out Technical Writing books from her office, since her office just happens to be in the library. One of the books she had two copies of. I asked her if I could borrow one until Thursday. The inside looked interesting with examples of stuff I'm working on. She told me I could have it because she had two copies. The publishing companies always send free copies of the books to the professors. That's a great way for a professor to be able to review a book and request it for teaching in class.

Finally, a book we had requested on interschool loan came in yesterday. Awesome as we just requested it in class last Thursday, and it came from Kent State University. Also, on the way out that evening, a brand new books was by the check out desk on "How to do a Research Project a Guide for Undergraduate Students." So, I checked this one out too. How very fortunate I was to find this at such an auspicious location.

This morning, I spent all morning at Cassi's school. Michelle, another PTO mom, and I stapled the instructions to the fundraising flyers and divided them amongst the classes. The fundraiser will start tomorrow. Then, I get home, when hubby tells me that Cassi forgot her book for reading time with her buddy. So, since it was just before lunch, I went BACK to the school and took the books with me. I sat with her at lunch. Unbeknownst to me, the school was having the "good" pizza for lunch. Cassi asked me to buy her lunch, but I only had $1.50 on me. Her lunch costs $2.10. Sorry, charlie!

Now, it's 2:07pm. I'll go back to the school in about a half hour and wait for her to get done class for the day. I think I'll also call it a day for school stuff. While being back at home here, I've: 1. restarted my dishes to finish in the washer, 2. ran two loads of laundry, 3. did my critical reading for my midterm poem, and 4. have half my poem memorized (yeah!).

So, I'll go ahead and close this for now. I'm getting awful tired. Think I'll go sit and rest for the half hour before going BACK up to her school.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! Sounds like things are busy as usual. Maybe what you can do is look at the calender that says what the school has for lunch and let Cassi use some of her money that I gave her to buy herself lunch some days when she is at school!