Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Research, Research, Research

Today became research day for me. Because I needed to do my researching for peer-review documents for my major paper for Tech Writing, and it needed to be done today, off to school I came this morning. Luckily, daddy is picking up Cassi at school this afternoon. I don't have a need to drive home to Lorain County and pick her up before coming back here for class this evening. Bad thing, I needed extra cash with me today as I will now be at school until 8pm.

Among the other things I have to do besides my research, which is actually done for a listing for tonight is: 1. print the document for Professor Mary, 2. write up instructions for our fundraiser starting on Thursday, 3. write here on my blog, 4. memorize my poem for Monday. Luckily, our poetry class is cancelled for tomorrow. Professor Nuala will be in Atlanta at a conference for the rest of the week.

I've really enjoyed having my classes in the evenings and Monday thru Thursday.

I couldn't believe how lucky I was in finding my documents for my paper. Currently, I'm still looking up the actual documents, because it will be better for me to find PDFs of the journals to have page numbers when quoting from the papers. I did find actual PDFs for about 10 of the 40 documents needed. So, after tonight, I will try to find the remaining. My next step is to READ the papers I've picked to write about. AND, I would have to say at least half of them deal with "effective interactive whiteboards," a definite bonus.

So, here I sit, with my laptop, working in the library. I am also listening to a new album I found on my iPod, "The Best Club Anthems 80's." Of course, I really enjoy listening to 80's music, as everyone knows. When I listen to this, I REALLY want to get up and dance. I'm tapping my foot and bopping my head.

This morning, I woke from a weird dream. I was back in my house in New Jersey. My ex was in the house across the street from us, but years after we broke up, like now. He was married and his wife was there with him. He sees me and hugs me, wanting to kiss me (huh?) and tells me he really wants to. I hug him and, through clenched teeth, tell him, I'll see him later because, somehow I wanted him to kiss me (huh? AGAIN!). But, we cannot get back together for a really long time, but not sure how long. Just before I wake up, I can see myself flying and I tell him. "I have learned how to fly." In most cases, not that high, but once I showed him how high I could fly. Any suggestions? My thoughts are that, even though I wanted to be with him, I learned how to be independent of him and went my own way? OK, wanted to share because this one was too weird for me. There was other stuff in the dream, like gigantic bouncy balls that we were using cars to move (Cassi has a Muppets Cruise game on PS2 that has this game) and other stuff like this. All in COLOR! I remember the pinks and greens and browns.

OK. With that I'm going to close for now. I may chat more later. I am going to try to do some memorization now.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Miki said...

Strange dream! I have had a few like that. Maybe it is just that you have moved on, but things are complicated right now, and it seemed or seems that things were simpler back then? I don't know. I just sometimes think of dreams as way to work out our stressors, our worries and the like. I think I dream in color, especially the ones that I remember. Good luck with all that research, I miss it and am a little jealous of you! My best always came out when I needed to do a research paper or a long essay, never those multiple choice thingys.
Love to ya!

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say about the dream, but I'm glad to know that Rob was able to get Cassi and you could get a lot done at school!