Monday, February 12, 2007

The Rat Race...

For me, the rat race currently consists of getting up, getting Cassi dressed and down the street to school. Then, I come back and do homework before going to school. This week, Cassi will be at Pa's house three nights out of the four. My other major task is to keep all three of our schedules in line, which means, the nights Cassi goes to Pa's, I have to schedule that out a month in advance. Based on when Rob's schedule comes out, I make sure I post his schedule in my calendar and on our 4-month white board. Then, based on what days he works, I can let dad know what day's Cassi will come over to his house.

So, for this morning, Cassi has gotten up and is at school. Good thing I had to go into the school to drop off paperwork for our PTO meeting this week (was cancelled last week by the treasurer's emergency). Cassi forgot to bring home a paper for me to sign. It was permission slip for her trip next week. Cassi sold (with the help of mom, dad, and Pa) three boxes of candy for the school's fund raiser. Her prize? A limo ride and a pizza party for lunch - all during school. What luck for her! I've NEVER been in a limo yet, and I'm 35! She's only 7 and gets her opportunity to ride in a limo. But, I think she'll enjoy herself. She'll have to remember to behave.

I just finished typing up my poems for today. Am I up to schedule? NO! By no means am I caught up in this class. For one, I'm working on a Rimas Disolutas poem. It turns out my "secret" anniversary poem will be this poem. I think it's going to turn out quite long, but definitely worth my time. I've only got three stanzas done. But, I'm going to turn in what I've got so far to see what my classmates say. I did write up my sestina poem. For both, I've got 15 copies of each. Since this class is a workshop, I need enough copies of each for my classmates to read, comment on, etc. For this week, I'll be working on a Rondeau, Pantoum, and Tiolet poems. The rondeau isn't new to me, as I got to write one over the summer, but the other forms are new to me. As soon as I've got poems written, I'll post on my creative writing blog.

(And Marie, didn't know you didn't know I had a creative writing blog. I've had it posted on my main blog for a long time now.)

But, I've still got to update my journal entries (probably during spring break) and write my two remaining, "In the Manner of" poems. Plus, I finished my critical readings of two Sylvia Plath poems. Very interesting.

As soon as I get done here with my poetry, I'm off to Technical Writing land. I've got to write up a two-page report on breathalyzers. Kinda interesting. Hopefully, I get all the technical information in my paper. I've got some research to do, more than what she gave us last week.

So, I've got lots to do today. AND, I've got dishes and laundry to wash this morning. Hmmm? Now where did I hear that before? Oh, yeah! YESTERDAY!

Okay. I'll close this for now. I've got to get my piles ready for class today.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet Cassi is going to have so much fun with her pizza party, it's going to be hard for her to control her excitement! And I told you I didn't realize the other blog it because I hardly have time to even read what you here!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow, another party! Cassie is such a party girl!