Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finally Got Out...

So, from my last post, it took until about noon for my tummy to calm down enough to go outside. After looking, it was a good thing I was able to get out because Rob wouldn't have been able to get back in the driveway. As you'll see below. Cassi and I went out, first plowing our way out of the front door and the 3-foot drift at the front door. I took my camera and got the below pictures.

Here, is my picture from the driveway up the walk to show the front door and the drift up the bushes. (and this was before I shoveled the walk. I was able to get on the first pass a single path walk from the driveway to the front door.


This is my front yard and road from my driveway.

This shows up my walkway from the driveway and down the street. Further up the walk, as you get to the intersection, the drift is almost five feet tall.

This is the 2-3 foot drift at the front of my driveway. Rob was driving my 2004 Ford Focus (3-door). There would have been NO WAY he was getting into the drive without it being cleared first. I know the car is good in bad weather, but not 4-wheel-drive good.

We've got a fairly large driveway system. There's actually enough room in my drive for up to five cars. This is the picture over the wagon and onto our "back" yard. Corner lot, side yard. Because of the direction of the wind, my yard got the snow drifts.

This is my front door, from outside looking in. Yep, that snow got all the way to the front door. Cassi and I had to push pretty hard to get out and over that hill. She decided it was a good way to get a small sledding session in at the front door.

Front door again.

Cassi decided she wanted to bury herself in the snow. I kept telling her to get out or she would get cold.

After this time, she decided she wanted to. Hopefully, she's home again tomorrow. The weather is really bad here. The temperature isn't supposed to get above 0 by the morning. We'll keep watching and see. I don't know if I'm going to class tomorrow night either. The roads here are a MESS. Plus, I'll have to help Rob clear out the drive behind his car. There's no room for more than our two cars right now.

Okay. That's it for now. I still haven't really eaten in two days. The stomach is still nauseous.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Keep warm out there! AND SAFE!





1 comment:

Miki said...

Hi Cathy,
Looks like you got a big storm. We had a little snow, but tons of sleet and freezing rain. Then we had regular rain, and then the temps dropped. It took Scott 2 1/2 hours to get home a commute that normally takes him about an hour and 5 minutes, in real LI traffic! This morning, the old dog, Marley that I have posted about slipped on the deck, he couldn't get traction, poor thing, Scott went out and rescued him. We put down rock salt and he was able to go out a little while later. Hope Cassi has a great day out of school today, enjoy playing in the snow for short periods!