Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Good Student

So, I called my professor, like my sister, Marie, told me. I explained my ditzy thoughts, explaining I didn't understand what she wanted with quantitative. As she has told us in class, and as I understand, this class is more geared toward the grad students. So, she is teaching toward the grad audience. Not that we as undergrads won't learn from the process, but sometimes, even for us non-science types, miss the areas when science-type stuff is involved.

So, she said to me, "Aren't you doing your project about Interactive Whiteboards?" Uh, yeah. Well, do your paper and homework on that.

So, within an hour and a half, I got my research done and the 2-page paper written. At the start of class this evening, we paired up and read each other's papers. Part of our process with our homework is a semi-peer review process. She gave us things to look for.

I like my classmate. We're both English majors and undergrads to boot. So, in exchanging the papers, she read mine and couldn't believe the job I did with it. She asked me things about my formatting (styles in Word), coloring, and graphics. With the questions given by the professor, all of the questions were answered and the person reading understood what I was trying to say in my paper (targeted the right audience when I wrote it).

So, I guess I wasn't bad after all. But, I was concerned since I wasn't in class last week for lecture, and we didn't have class on Thursday. However, as I have said, I have done technical writing in the past. This just seems to focus on what I have done better.

I just worried for nothing.

With that, I've got to go. I've got some poems to write for tomorrow's class in Poetry. Plus, I've got to type up the agenda for Thursday's PTO meeting. AND, I've got to call Time Warner Cable. Another story about big business screwing the little man. Hopefully I can get it fixed this time on the phone. Oh, and I've got an ear doctor's appointment tomorrow.

AND, I hope Cassi goes to school tomorrow. I need a break!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Miki said...

glad that you were able to get that paper done. It sounded very hard, but wound up being easier than you thought. Maybe you do what I do, panic after overthinking the whole thing, I don't know, just trying to calm you down. The creative ones always find the sciency stuff out there and tech stuff hard to grasp. Thankks for your comments on the blog, EWWWAH! throwing dirty clothes in the basement????? leaving them there??????UGH!

Unknown said...

Well I am glad you took my advice and called the teacher! See aren't you glad you listened! And it sounds like you did a good job to boot!! Keep up the hard work. Oh yea and tell Rob to help more around the house, he lives there too!!