Monday, February 26, 2007

Wardrobe Malfunction Update

As you might recall, I experienced a wardrobe malfuction on Friday with the suit I purchased last Monday. On my last post, my blog friend MIKI reminded me to take the suit back to get an exchange.

You must have secretly ESP'd me to do this. I just got back from the store. We took the dress and jacket with us, explaining what happened. Within two hours of wearing the dress, I leaned over to pick up a pen that was dropped and the dress ripped, right along the seam line.

The sales lady was the same person who helped me last week. She couldn't believe that it was on the seam, and right in the FRONT. She agreed that it was a good thing there was a jacket with it. I didn't even have to ask about a replacement. She walked from behind the check-out counter and found a new one.

However, she didn't have the size I purchased the week prior. She told me she would have to have it ordered and shipped to the house. But, she did have the next size up. I tried it on. Overall, I didn't find much difference in the dress sizing. So, I took it in exchange. Luckily, I had my receipt still. When I processed the receipt into the checkbook, I said to myself, I'll just keep this just in case. Well, JUST IN CASE happened.

She quickly exchanged the dress and I was on my way. My satisfaction with this store has definitely increased. I will DEFINITELY be back to purchase additional clothing, especially if I can get a job for the summer, I will need more business-looking clothing.

I'm gonna close this for now. I'm going to do some additional research for one of my other poems.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

5 comments:

Miki said...

Cathy, now write a short note to the customer service department, let them know that you are extremely satisfied, I bet you get some form of thank you, in the way of percent off coupons or something like that. It has been known to happen. Glad that you were able to exchange the dress, and glad that you were accomodated!
By the way, thanks for the comment on my blog, Cassidy had a great time at the museum, and loved all of the interactive stuff.

Unknown said...

That is awesome!! Way to go Miki!! Also, were you able to get the stain out? And don't forget the store mom talks about, Avenue, they are also suppose to be good too!

Cathy said...

Yes, the stain came out. I did it while drinking some coffee on the way home from the lunch-thing. I just completed the email to their customer service department of Catherine's. An auto-response stated someone would be in contact with me. I gave them my address and phone number.

Miki said...

Good Job Cathy. Marie is right, I like the clothes that Avenue has too, when I shop. I normally hate to shop, so I do it when I must, otherwise, I am a jeans and tee shirt girl, tee shirts by men's dept in Walmart! I do clean up well, when I have to though! Thanks for the nice words Marie!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Good for you! Normally returns don't go that smoothly so you lucked out.