Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I know many of you might be shocked that I'm posting this, but, to my ex, the "love affair" and his wife of three years.

Happy Anniversary!
You can find them at: Jason and Kat.

For those of you who read me over the summer, Jason and I reconnected after 10 years of being apart. His best friend thought the connection was because I wanted to get "hooked up" after all these years. I told Jason he should have told his friend, "Hell yeah! It's our 10th anniversary after all!"

But, after a summer of catching up, reviewing what happened, we're here. I'm glad he found someone who loves him for who he is. I actually don't think I would have been that person. Even if he had come after me after I broke it off with him, it would not have been the same. Just after we broke up, I started traveling more, and actually had an opportunity to relocate with the company I was working for at the time. Had he just known that, some things might be different right now.

BUT, I am happy where I am and happy he has what he has. It definitely took longer for him to find "the one" and get settled down than I did. When we were together, I definitely didn't want things that I've got today. When they happened, things just clicked for me. Curious to know what those things are? a family. a child. responsibility for more than just me. When I became pregnant, EVERYTHING changed. Even now, things are changing for me every day. I'm not where I was 10 years ago. If I had said, "Oh, yeah. In 10 years, I'll have a husband, a kid, and a home." I would have thought I was crazy. But, here it is and I've got it. AND, I'm happy.

Would we have survived living in the same city, even in the same apartment? Not sure. Can't speculate that now.

There's a Reba song that goes through my mind as I was thinking about them today. Here's the chorus from it:

You're gonna fly
With every dream you chase
You're gonna cry
But know that that's okay
Sometimes life's not fair
But if you hang in there
You're gonna see
That sometimes bad is good
We just have to believe
Things work out like they should
Life has no guarantees
But always loved by me
You're gonna be

Yes, this song is about a child. But, the lines bolded above are the parts I'm talking about the most. Things work out like they should.

Because of the distance, we're still learning about each other. I've been able to keep up with his doings because of his blog and her blog. I have met his wife. She is a very nice person. Haven't had the chance to really sit and talk with her, but I like her just the same. Their son is a spitfire.

Do I miss him? Yes I do. He shared with me his whole world for four years. That's a long time for someone to invest in someone else. Do I wish things had been different? Yeah. Do I still love him? Yeah, and always will. Those feelings just shut down, especially when I never really dealt with them until this past summer.

Rob, I love you for allowing me the time to complete what I had to do. It took 10 years for me to deal with what I never dealt with.

Jason, I will always love you and care for you and what you do. Kat, I don't REALLY know you at all, but am glad Jason found you. Believe me, if we weren't so far away, it would be so much easier to get to know each other.

Love you both!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )
Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

It's good you have a healthy relationship with him. So many serious relationships end badly so staying friends with an ex is special. And that your husband understands is a bonus!