Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day...


As you can see, we cannot even get out of our front door for the 3-foot drift. My guess is, if my newspapers came this morning, they are somewhere in the drift. But, I would NOT be upset if my papers don't come today. People need to be inside where it's safe. The same for my mail.



Because our house is on a corner lot, we don't have a "back yard." But, where our back yard would be is where our neighbor's back yard is. As you can see here, the snow is drifting half way up his car. I know he was working last night. He is a truck driver for the USPS. Hopefully, he was careful when he drove as I know how they are constantly speeding to reach the next destination for deadlines in delivery of the mail.




What a day! Rob had to work last night because it was his night to work. AND, because he is a nurse, he is considered essential personnel. Luckily, mom and dad live in between his job and here. So, instead of coming home, he stopped there to sleep for the day. That was a good thing because we've got so much snow. There's a 3 foot drift at my front door. He'll have to shovel to get in to the house. I know it took him an hour to get from the Cleveland Clinic to mom's house, which normally takes 15-20 minutes.

So, Cassi and I are at home. I can not believe that the college FINALLY got wise and closed. According to some people I've heard on the news, this is the worst blizzard since 1978. I remember that blizzard that hit us because I lived in New Jersey at the time. Marie was just a baby then, almost 2 by that time.

The ABC-affiliate here in Cleveland had a parent on the phone of a local school district. The school district is Shaker Heights, an eastern suburb of Cleveland, OH. When he was talking on the phone, he told the anchors the school had just decided 10 minutes before to close the school. With the problems and as many issues with this weather, the school district was going to stay open. Crazy!

I'm so glad Cassi's school closed for today. With all of the schools in the area closed yesterday, her school was open. It was good for the kids because I visited the class to do crafts with them. I put together all the pieces needed for them to make Valentine's cards to take home for someone. I know the kids THOROUGHLY enjoyed themselves. They all agreed they were the most blessed class in 1st grade because Cassi's mom (that's me) comes and does stuff with them. There's a scrapbooking Web site: www.scrapbook.com, where I purchase pre-made scrapbooking items for scrapbook pages and cards. They are called e-cuts. I had a bunch for Valentine's Day that I printed, along with Valentine's stickers, markers, etc. I told Cassi's teacher I would burn a copy of all the files because I've got files for birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc. She's excited to get a copy.

And with that, I'm going to close for now. I'm very tired, as with all this bad weather, I've been suffering with a stomach flu. I need to get some rest. Plus, later, I've got more homework to do. Even before CSU closed for the night last night, my professor cancelled class. She lives out my way and agreed Monday night to cancel class. However, she did send us our homework assignment for next week. It will be easy for me to do. We're on the instruction portion of the Tech Writing.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! Things look pretty crazy there! We got it pretty bad here, but not as bad as that! I had to work last night also and it took me over an hour to get home, normally it takes me a half an hour. None of the roads I took were plowed and I could barely get up my driveway. It took me several attempts to get my car to get through the snow!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I don't miss that AT ALL!!!

As my father-in-law would say, you don't have to shovel sunshine! Funny, now they are back in that white-out hell too!!

Darn Shaker Heights richies, what do they think they are doing?