Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bad Luck Hit

I knew my good luck steak would end some time soon. It was today.

Rob worked Saturday and Sunday night, then taking me to the audiologist yesterday. Becuase he was up way past his time to sleep, he didn't get to sleeping until 1:30pm and got up at 5:30pm (or there abouts). He knew because of the time he slept in the afternoon that he wouldn't be able to sleep when I went to bed.

But, he did go to his old job at the nursing home and caught up with old co-workers. He and I discussed my going to school to spend the day there. It would be a long day because today is my 6pm class. I would be there until 8pm. I still had one paper to finish and could do so at school. Plus, because my professor is the director of the Writing Center (a function that helps students with writing papers), I would be able to meet with her during the day. I want to make sure I am going in the right path with my research and focus of my major project/paper in Tech Writing.

I think this class is just the class I need to help me get a summer internship at one of the companies I want to work for. And, this Friday, there just so happens to be a career fair at school, with over 180 companies represented. Granted, I will only go to a few tables, but, the offering is more than I expected.

Anyway, I digress.

So, this morning, Cassi and I got up and got everything ready for her to go to school. I needed to stay at the school for a little as I needed to fill out another PTO check and have all 4 checks filled out countersigned by the treasurer. On the way out to the car, I hear this kid yelling at me.

"Hey! Hey, is your kid in Oakwood School?"

"Yes"

"The school is closed because of a water main break."

Oh, great! Just what I wanted to hear. Rob's sleeping as he didn't go to bed until early this morning. My plans for going to school for the day just went into the toilet. But, I still had to go to school for PTO business. All the teachers were in the parking lot, telling me school was closed. Yes, I knew. I had PTO business to take care of.

The school looked like a war zone because the kids from the buses had to be brought into school, into a room, and parents called. Every teacher had the responsibility of calling the parents for their class. Mrs. Palcos saw me, "Okay, you're taken care of." "Yep"

I got out of there quickly. But, not before giving the principal my cell phone number. I brought all the PTO stuff home, not the best idea because I had money to deposit, but, under the circumstances, I had to do it. The treasurer got to the house, with his kids. He signed checks for me. As I'm leaving with Cassi in tow, Rob gets up. But, I take her with me to the administration building. The major push to get checks signed was because one check was going to the principal. PTO is paying for food for tonight's Mardi Gras event. The event is in support of the upcoming levy on the May ballot. I needed to get her the check to pay for the food.

With that done, we headed to the bank to make the deposit. Remember, I had a couple hundred dollars in hand to deposit. Done.

I'm home now. I've decided not to go to school early now. I'll probably take a nap before class. Also, I'm going to review my resume and make some updates because of volunteer stuff I've done with the schools here.

Gonna go now. I've got work to do.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes... it seems like Cassi can't get to school even if she wanted too!

Lynda said...

I don't think you had as bad of luck as the school did! LOL