Friday, February 02, 2007

Product Endorsement: Web site

Cool. Thanks to my AWESOME blog-friend, Martin, at Rantings of an 80's Nut, I have been enlightened by a new-er Web site (ok, so it's new to me). The site is:

www.geni.com

It is a free service that allows you to create your very own family tree. Also, when you add the names, if these people are still alive AND have email, you can add their address. As long as you click that you want that person to join your family, the site will then shoot them an email address to invite them to the family.

So, this means that if this person knows information that you don't, they can add whatever they want. Or, if you THOUGHT you knew something and added it, they can correct it. What luck!

I have always been intrigued about my family tree and have been playing with it for the past decade or two. However, and I don't know all the functionality for genealogy.com, but I think this is a cool site to bring families together. Martin found out from family that he was related to someone famous. Cool, Martin! Way to go, man! It will be interesting to see what might come up in my research. There are many holes in my family tree, that I just don't know. Maybe people will open up on this and share.

Whoo Hoo!

On other fronts, school is going well. Yep, I was bad and booted out of school early on Wednesday. We had to do an observation outside. But, with my ear being the way it is, and it being so DAMNED (oops) DARNED cold, I didn't want to take any chances. But, I still have to go do it. However, I wanted to do it during the day.

Cassi was GOOD in school for 18 days, all of the school days she had in January. WAY TO GO BABY! Aunt Marie and her have an agreement. If I get a good sticker on her calendar each day, she gets $1 from Aunt Marie. So, in January, she made $18. Not a bad haul. We called Aunt 'Re, when Cassi said to her, "I'm rich. I get $18." Well, Marie's coming down again (sorry Vegas Princess, I get all her time) in a few weeks. The money will wait until then so it can be spent with 'Re. Plus, 'Re is kicking in an extra $2 for acing the month. AND, Cassi has $15 from December in holding until 'Re comes. They're looking at going to the Rainforest at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. That will be a fun experience. So, maybe I'll go to and add it to one of my to-do's for my Poetry class.

Tomorrow, Cassi gets to go to Pa's for a one-night sleepover. Yeah! Rob doesn't work until Saturday night. I am going to try to get Rob to take me to the Cleveland Home and Garden Show. This is an annual event. This will be an AWESOME place for me to go for observation, photos, and INSPIRATION for writing poems. I'll have to make sure I bring my notebook. Plus, I've got some shopping to do (need some new baking pans, but just a couple).

OK. With that, I'm going to go now. I want to see what else I can do for homework. It's almost noon and I haven't eaten yet. Hmmm? Maybe an omlet or something good like that.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun at the show but don't go crazy and buy lots of stuff!! I'm so proud of my baby girl and how good she's been!! I'm glad we started doing this!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I'll just sit here so far away and cry silently to myself.

Congrats to Cassie for doing so well! I can't to hear about what she gets with her good girl loot.