Monday, February 05, 2007

Blah, Blah

The medicine appears to be helping, somewhat. I'm still having some dizziness. I'm also still VERY tired. And, today is not helping. I've got to go to school early. I have to get some observation time before class as I've got to write up a poem, due today, that is a hybrid. Also, Rob got home late, had to shower, and eat before bed.

Oh, and by the way, Cassi got her first "snow day" today for temperatures being below zero. So, I have to take her with me to school before class. Rob was going to come home and get some sleep so that she could stay home. Not happening.

So, hopefully, I can get to school and do my observation from inside a building. Then, take her to grandpa's and back to school.

I can't believe they closed her school so quickly. When I woke up from nap yesterday at 3:30pm, I turned on CBS to watch the pre-game show. Here, on the bottom of the screen on the scrolls with the school closings. At first, I saw Elyira HS. I'm thinking to myself, "Uh, oh, better stay here and watch the scrolls continue to see if the entire district is off."

Low and behold, when the scroll got back around, the entire district was called off. But, I wanted confirmation from another channel. So, I went on the computer and checked the site for our ABC affiliate. It actually stated when the announcement was made, which was 3:20pm.

I called mom's house, to let them know she was out of school. Mom says to me, "Well, we can't take off work." That's not why I called. I wanted to let them know she was out of school because of the weather.

Well, now, we'll wait to see if she's out tomorrow. Gotta go for now. I've got one more poem to write for today's class.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the school work! I'm not surprised the kids were out of school though, it is WAY to cold for anyone to be outside!

Miki said...

glad that you were off too! Must have made for a nice day together. My kids are scheduled off tomorrow, they have a "teachers' conference day" What in the world is that. The middle school has conferences, not scheduled conferences, but just come after a certain time to see the teachers...WTF? The elementary schools are grading the ELA state mandated tests. Go figure! I don't get it. We get snow days for snow, not cold, I stood at the bus stop with Cassidy this morning, I waited as long as I could before leaving the house, it was 9 degrees and the wind chills were well below zero. I had so many layers on my girl and a scarf and ahat and gloves. She looked like a mummy!