Friday, July 07, 2006

Reba McEntire, my FAVORITE Country Artist

For all the stuff Reba does, she has the strongest female voice. I love to hear her sing, just about EVERYTHING in her discography. I really became a fan of her's around 1996, even though I was listening to her albums from 1994 on.

She had a Greatest Hits Vol 2, that I just started listening to. Marie had the CD and allowed me to borrow it. Now, it's one of my favorite albums. After viewing her web site, she had this quote that should have been somewhere on the album:

"It seems your current emotional status determines what music you'd like to hear. That's what happened on the song selection for this album. If for any reason you can relate to the emotion packed inside these songs, I hope it's a form of healing for all our broken hearts!" -Reba

When I read this quote just now, I was listening to the song, "For My Broken Heart." The quote is perfect for those of us who write poetry, song lyrics, etc. Listening to music helps you heal. I love listening to her music. Even the sadder songs can be quite inspirational.

For more information on Reba, go to: http://www.reba.com.

Love to all,
Cathy'
8^ )

No comments: