Monday, July 24, 2006

My Theme Song...

As most of you know, my idol musician is Reba McEntire. Yesterday, on CMT, they had a show called, "Greatest Moments." They take a musician's Top 20 Greatest Moments of all time. First, I had problems with my satellite. I could hear the show, but couldn't see the video. SUCKS!

To my good fortune, they ran the show again at 11pm last night. Since I was alseep at 11, there was no way to watch it. Luckily for me, because I've got Dish, I've also got a DVR. I was able to set it up to record.

Come to find out, all I had to do was reset the satellite box to get it to work. Duh!

Anyway, I got to watch it today. There's one song that was on the show, one that I know well. I've decided today that it's my theme song. And, she sung it because of what she knew it would do to women. Well, with me, I've been out of my "career" for 5 and a half years. I had a child, then lost my career.

This past Spring semester, I started back to college. This song talks about a woman who has a husband and family, but is also struggling with college. The song is called:

Is There Life Out There

Here are the words:

She married when she was twenty
She thought she was ready
Now she's not so sure
She thought she'd done some living
But now she's just wonderin'
What she's living for
Now she's feeling that there's something more

Is there life out there
So much she hasn't done
Is there life beyond
Her family and her home
She's done what she should
Should she do what she dares
She doesn't want to leave
She's just wonderin
Is there life out there

She's always lived for tomorrow
She's never learned how
To live for today
She's dyin' to try something foolish
Do something crazy
Or just get away
Something for herself for a change

Is there life out there
So much she hasn't done
Is there life beyond
Her family and her home
She's done what she should
Should she do what she dares
She doesn't want to leave
She's just wonderin
Is there life out there

There's a place in the sun that she's never been
Where life is fair and time is a friend
Would she do it the same as she did back then
She looks out the window and wonders again

Is there life out there
So much she hasn't done
Is there life beyond
Her family and her home
She's done what she should
Should she do what she dares
She doesn't want to leave
She's just wonderin
Is there life out there

Is there life out there
So much she hasn't done
Is there life beyond
Her family and her home
She's done what she should
Should she do what she dares
She doesn't want to leave
She's just wonderin
Is there life out there

Even though I didn't get married until I was 25, I kinda feel this is me. I did have a career "back then." Now I don't. I'm dealing with a family and a husband and college.

Even though in the song, she talks about not wanting to leave. I DEFINITELY don't want to leave. I just want a career back. But, this song seems to speak volumes about me!

AND, when I'm finished college, I'm walking DOWN THAT AISLE TO GET MY DEGREE! This will be an important step for me. Hopefully, I can keep up my grades to be presented with an award.

Love to all,
Me
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is an awesome song!! Great song for you and the video for it is awesome!! Huey Lewis plays her husband in it! =)