Sunday, July 16, 2006

My Weekend...

Okay. I took my laptop this weekend camping so I could keep my journaling up. Below is the type-up of the weekend. Here goes:

7/14/06 – 8:41 am

Cassi sure knows how to stump someone. I just got back from taking her to school. You see, her elementary school is about 3 blocks down the street from us. Pretty cool, eh? Anyway, out to the car, she stops me and asks, “Is today Friday?” Of course, being of forgetful mind, I had to stop, stammer, and say, “Yeah. It is Friday. Yesterday, um, was Thursday.” This sure was a long week. It seemed like this week went on forever. I almost forgot yesterday, we took the kittens to the doctor.

So, the day went by, pretty much uneventful. I played on the computer, got all my chores done before going camping. By the way, I did: 3 loads of laundry and folded, dishes, washed the George Foreman Grill, took garbage out, refilled the cat food and water in the kitchen AND the basement (yep, the porkers get to eat in 2 places), emptied the littermaid (has been a godsend since buying on eBay AND is in the basement where they enjoy an after-potty snack), cleaned out car, and gave kittens their medicine and eye-goop. I also cooked some hot dogs and French fries for lunch. I ate 2 doggies and a few fries.

We ended up not leaving for mom’s until almost 3:30pm. Rob decided that he wanted to cut the grass at home before leaving. Then, we had to stop to get gas. I can’t believe it’s $3 a gallon around here. Oh, yeah, before we left, we went down the street for Rob to get his weed. No, silly, not drugs, although I would consider tobacco drugs. He’s been stuffing his own cigarettes for the past couple weeks. It’s been cheaper. Today, he started his 3-week process to quick smoking. Hopefully, when his medication process finishes, he’ll have quit. Had you told me 10 years ago that I would marry someone who smoked; I would have said that you were crazy. But, he’s the best thing that came into my life.

Okay, so we also had to stop back at home. We have Speedway gas stations here in Cleveland, and we’ve been using the Gas Cards to make sure we’ve got the money for Rob to go back and forth to work. With my being home, I’ve been able to go once a week with a tank of gas. We ended up spending over $16 for gas. Because my car has the air conditioning, we drove it.

Got to mom’s. Cassi couldn’t wait to see them. Grandpa Dave and Bea took his month’s “renovation” time and traveled to Oregon to see her son. No, grandpa isn’t married. They just live together. He swears that since my grandma passed away back in 1988, that he would never marry again. But, we got there. Cassi’s regular routine is to stop in his apartment and say hello to everyone in the unit. I had to remind her that, even though both of their cars were in the lot, they were not home. Cassi went into mom’s and gave Pa a kiss. They ended up in the back after she got a sherbet popsicle, went to mom’s room. They went back there to hash out what they were going to do for the weekend. I had to potty; then we left.

It took about an hour and a half to get here. AND, with our luck, within 2 hours of being at the campground, a NASTY storm that went from Ashland all the way up to our house in Elyria came through. We know at least 1 lightning bolt zapped somewhere down the street here at the campground. Plus, we lost electricity for a while. We ended up going out to dinner. I’ve got heartburn now. I had a “Philly” cheesesteak sandwich and onion rings. We got a basket of rings, but I only ate 3 or 4. The sandwhich was DEFINITELY not a sandwich without cutting it and eating it with a fork. Because I just had a soda, I only drank water. I’ve been so stuffed all evening. I just can’t stop burping. Yuck! But, I’m drinking a root beer right now to get all the yucky gas out of my tummy! Okay mom, smack your chest and make yourself burp!

Right now, we’re watching the new because we’ve got some TV here. Tomorrow, we’re going home for a while to give medicine to the babies and then come back.

That’s it for tonight. I’ll write more tomorrow.

7/15/06
6:30pm

Okay, so today has been a pretty good day. Just the usual here at the campground. Because of the babies, we had to go home this morning to check on them and give them their medicine. What luck! All 4 now are able to keep their eyes open. We both showered, got what we needed from the house and came back. I can’t believe how slow people want to drive. I know the way back is a country road, but the speed limit is still 55. We figured at the rate we were driving, we would be back at 6.

Rob, the smart A** that he is, says to me that I should call the old folks and make sure they’re okay, seeing as how the weather was going to be bad for older people today. So, I called. “Mom, I’m calling because the media says that we should check in on our older people to make sure they’re okay in this heat. So, Rob told me to call you.” When mom replies, “What older people? We’re not old. If you’re talking about the old folks, they went to Oregon and took the colder temperatures with them. Besides, we’re in the cold of the air conditioning.” I then hear dad in the background tell mom who’s she talking about, I’m not old. Well, mom just turned 56 last week. Dad will be 61 in November.

This afternoon, after we got back, we sat around at Bob & Betty’s camper, chatting with them. Bob is Rob’s partner in crime. They are so dirty together. But, it’s all in good fun. On the way down, we stopped and got McD’s for lunch. They had 4 Big Macs and 2 Large Fries for $10. Well, I only ate the sandwich and a little of Rob’s fries. We still had 2 sandwiches and fries that we shared with them. So, we were dirty, talking about BIG MACS. I hugged Bob and told him I was a Big Macette! We all laughed, joking about the “special sauce” and other sandwich-related stuff. Today, I’ve been living in my bathing suit, not really going to the swimming hole, but keeping cool. Even though I’ve been under the shade of trees, it appears that my color has come back. Two weeks ago, when we came, Cassi and I went swimming. I got sunburned. It took over a week for the burn on my breasts to turn to tan. I wasn’t even directly in the sun today and the red has come back.

But, this afternoon, I ended up taking a nap. When you go camping, you tend to wake up early. Got to sleep about 11 last night, after reading a Xanth book, then got up at 7 this morning. Went potty and read, then went back to sleep until 9. So, my nap was 2 hours this afternoon, getting up just before writing this.

This evening, we’re supposed to have dinner with Bob & Betty. Don’t really know what’s going on because Rob is napping. However, if I don’t eat soon, Rob will be sorry. I’m starting to get sick, which means I need to get some chow. Maybe I’ll run up to the campground office, get the electric bill and a snack.

This evening will probably be just a quiet one. Last night, we had nasty rain storms and even lost electric for a few hours. It was gorgeous day today, even though it was a little steamy.

P.S. Damn bugs flying around me. Nothing but a pain in the BUTT!

7/16/06
10:42am

Last night ended up being fun. We had dinner at Bob & Betty’s. She made meatloaf, taters, green beans, and rolls. Then, we stayed and played Yahtzee with them. Now, when they play, they don’t just use the first column to play. When they play, they use the whole score card. So, one game is actually 6-in-1. My butt was so sore when we got done. There’s no cushioning on the chairs. AND, since I’m so fidgety, I was constantly moving. It didn’t help that I was hot and sweaty and my hair was enjoying itself by falling out on my back, which made my back continually itch. At first, when we got back to the camper, we were both going to go to the bath houses and take our showers. Nope, I don’t camp unless I have flush toilets and showers, which this place has both. Since we’ve got a pop-up camper, there’s not enough room in here for a potty and shower stall.

Anyway, we got back and turned on the TV first. It appears that Starz is having its free weekend preview this weekend. We got to watch Bewitched, the movie. I absolutely love Nicole Kidman in this movie. So, instead of showering right away, I sat here and watched the movie. Then, after the movie, I went and took a shower.

I ended up going to bed at midnight. I read my book for a little, then off to sleep. I didn’t have as much padding under me last night, as the one comforter has to come home for washing. I got tangled in my cotton jersey sheet during the night because it was cool on my end of the camper. Our camper has 2 full size beds. He sleeps on one and I sleep on the other. I had all my windows open on my end, which enabled a cool breeze to come in.

This morning, I woke up early first, read about a page and realized I still needed more sleep. So, I went back to bed. I then woke up at 9. After using the potty, I got dressed and went off for a walk. I walked about 1.66 miles today on hilly, rocky roads, not like the level, asphalted roads at home.

That’s it for now. It’s almost lunch already. I’m hungry and my body is telling me so. I’ll have some lunch. We’ve got to travel up to Cleveland pick up the rug rat and bring her home. After we get home, we’ll give the babies their medicine.

6:50pm

We ended up coming home from the campground at 1:30pm. It was so hot and humid, it was just too hot to hang around. But, not without a purpose. Because of it being hot, we decided to bring home all the sheets, pillow cases, comforters, etc. Being down at the campground so much, we've got a whole set of pillows, sheets, and blankets. There's no need to carry that stuff back and forth. We've pretty much kept in the house all afternoon. I started the laundry, knowing that it will take a few days to get everything done. I went to mom's and picked her up. She showed me how she looked at a page that had instructions on how to draw the princess' face from Aladdin. She just looked at the pictures and drew. Marie, she's going to follow in your drawing footsteps. When I get a chance, I'll scan both pages and add them out here.

Plus, on Friday, she had a quiz at school. She had to measure photocopied items on a page and read 9-12 words on a page. She got 15 out of 15, an A. I was so proud of her. But, we couldn't leave school Friday until she read all the words to me!

What a HAM!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!