Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Long Day...

So, folks, today ended up being a LONG DAY! After my interview and being suburban, my head decided to give me one of my famous migraines. I tried to have an afternoon nap, which is a good thing when you don't work for someone. But, every time I was ALMOST asleep, the phone decided to ring. Annoying or what?

So, this evening, I made steak, taters, and veggies (peppers and onions) for Rob, Cassi, and I. Of course, Cassi didn't have the veggies. She just had a few pieces of steak and a little taters. Because Rob is on his 7th night straight at the Clinic and the girls wanted to do a pot luck tonight, I had him take chicken breasts out this morning. He calls me and tells me this while I'm on my way to the interview. So, I tell him to take the chicken out and I'll use my George Foreman Grill. About 2 weeks ago, I was able to get the "monster of all" George Foreman grills for only $20 from a camper friend of ours. We have gone camping at this campground for 2 years now. We really enjoy being with our friends there, and using our camper.

I digress. This grill still costs $99 on the main for-sale web site. Plus, for the $20, we also got the rolling cart. I remember when the infomercials ran on this grill, it was advertised to be able to replace your gas/charcoal gril. So, when we don't have propane for the grill at the campground, we carry this with us.

So, I made a large pack of boneless, skinless chicken, 7 pieces. I doctored them up with my favorite Watkins seasonings. They were grilling in about 10 minutes. While they were cooking, I made up taters to take and packed 2 cans of green beans. I'll say for the 6 of them, 3 nurses and 3 aids, they'll eat pretty well. I hope they like the food. It didn't take long at all.

Plus, being the MOM that I am, I spent the time and made frosting for the cupcakes we made today and frosted all 2 dozen. For not knowing what color to make the frosting, I just kept it white with yellow cake mix cupcakes. I let Cassi use the red sugar sprinkles to dust the top of the cupcakes a little red coloring.

So, Rob has gotten off to work, and I had a chance to watch some soapies. Because we have Dish Satellite, I get this WONDERFUL channel, SoapNet. They replay the ABC soaps from the day, in the evening. I watched enough to keep me going.

Now, I'm just sitting here, hacking out what I did today. As Nuala suggested, I need to keep my journal going everyday. Come Hell or high water (which is what I saw in Valley View today), I'll write on this thing at least once a day. Plus, I'm continuing to work on my creative writing. So, if anyone has suggestions for stories to write, etc, check out my creatively cathy site.

http://creativelycathy.blogspot.com

FYI...Just a note from Blogger.com, these sites are going to be down on Saturday at noon Pacific time for about 2 hours for scheduled maintenance. Must be when they have the least amount of activity.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes you really are busy!! But I'm glad you cooked well and didn't eat a ton of junk food!