Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Had an INTERVIEW...

Yes, folks, it's true. I went on a first interview this morning. It was with a company called Avantia. They are hiring for a Technical Writer. I am in the running with 5 other people. Second interviews are next week, with the project starting in about 2 weeks and lasting 6-7 months. Everyone PRAY for me. I would be able to work the job, along with going to school. I already started looking at my classes to see how to rearrange my school schedule just in case.

Also, I would be brought on as a contractor right now, which is cool with me. They gave me the opportunity of full-time professional or contractor. Contractor works because I would be paid on an hourly basis. If I don't work a full 40 hours in a week, because of school, I would only be paid based on the amount of hours I work.

Plus, the job is where I want to be, in Technical Writing. I could finish my degree, get experience, and be ready for when I'm done school.

Okay. That's it for now, folks. I've got to pick up Cassi in a little and am getting a mirgraine. Not going to be a good day!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: