Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Day!

I saw this on Marie's cool blog (that's my sister) and decided I would try it too! It was pretty cool and I hope you all enjoy!

Instructions:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).

My Results: My day is June 19.

Events...
1885 - The Statue Of Liberty arrives in New York Harbor as a symbol of Franco-American friendship.
1912 - The eight-hour work day is established in the United States.
1939 - Lou Gehrig was diagnosed with "Lou Gehrig's disease" on his 36th birthday. (my Uncle and Aunt passed away from this)

Birthdays...
1507 - Annibale Caro, Italian poet (d. 1566)
1902 - Guy Lombardo, Canadian bandleader (d. 1977)
1903 - Lou Gehrig, baseball player (d. 1941) (must have been his day!)

And Deaths...
1975 - Sam Giancana, gangster (b.1908) (wonder if this guy died or was "killed")

This was fun.

Love to all,
Cathy 8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool you were able to do that too! It is kind of strange with the Lou Gherik connection!

Cathy said...

Yep, I can't believe how many people were born on my birthday. Plus, the whole Lou Gherig connection was spooky. Not only did he die on this day, but the disease was announced on this day after him.

I couldn't believe how many events happened this day.

8^ )