Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yeah!

Now I can get on with the rest of my week. My apology to everyone if I sound like a downer the next few days. Right now, I'm VERY tired. For all those women out there, you KNOW what I'm talking about.

Luckily, we had the opportunity to go swimming today. Since we're about a half hour south of Lake Erie, we went swimming at the lake. The water was very comfortable. The area is a man-made swimming spot. It is a park in Lorain. The sand was hot as HELL, but the water felt VERY good. We put our sun tan lotion on, etc before going into the water. You would think that, well, it's a lake that you wouldn't find shells. WRONG! There are DEFINITElY shells in the lake, especially since the lake is a salt water lake.

So, we went swimming for about an hour and a half. It was pretty much DEAD. We were sitting, relaxing in the water, close enough to the shore, but far enough out to sit and be under the water. Okay, there was NO ONE in our area of the lake. This mom comes with 2 kids. They decide they have to swim EXACTLY where we were. Plus, to top it off, the kids are running in and out of the water. We moved. They moved even closer to us.

Well, Rob just got brand new glasses this week and was wearing them since he wasn't doing any under water swimming. But, these kids decided they had no respect and do some splashing, but not just splashing, but a WAVE over Rob. The mom didn't even do anything to move them. We had been there over an hour, in the SAME spot. So, Rob was done. We got out of the water and left. Why should we have to move when we had been there first? Plus, they could have gone ANYWHERE on the beach, but right up out BUTTS!

Okay, had to vent. We would have been there a LOT longer if it wasn't for these rude kids AND MOM!

Gotta close for now. Cassi is bored, but wants me to do her nails. So, it's girly time.

Cathy
8^ 0

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I have such a big mouth I would have made a point to say something to those kids and then to their mom. But you are much nicer than me! :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome that you guys have a great place that you can swim down by the lake! But those people were REALLY rude! And the sad thing is they multiplied!

Anonymous said...

Lake Erie is "fresh" water. Maybe what you were tasting was not salt. Ick.

Cathy said...

Okay. I'm trying to find proof of the fact the Great Lakes are considered salt lakes. I know I have been told by someone that the lakes are like being at the Atlantic Ocean, but no jelly fish.