Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Receipe Share!

Have you ever wanted to make Fettuccine Alfredo at home, but were afraid to do it? Well, since I've become such a "suburban" woman, like my sister says, I have done MUCH cooking. One of my business endeavors gave me experience with Tupperware. Tupperware comes out with cook books to coincide with their products. In one cookbook, I found an AWESOMELY easy recipe for Alfredo Sauce. Now, I'm an expert at Chicken Alfredo.

Note: for the chicken, I take about a pound of chicken, slice it as thinly as possible and saute it on the stove top. It tends to be juicy-er and has a better taste than if I cook the chicken in the oven. Plus, always use boneless, skinless chicken breast. Better for your health too.

Okay, for those of you who want it, the recipe for the sauce:

Alfredo Sauce

3 cups 2% milk
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter (1 stick, melted)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste (plus I add any italian seasoning I can pull out of my cabinets, especially my garlic flakes)

1. Place milk in any 2 1/2 quart sauce pan. Heat until warm over Low heat.

2. Whisk together flour and melted butter. Add to heated milk and stir constantly over Medium-Low heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to Low; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.

3. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, (and any other seasonings you wish to add). Recommend serving immediately over favorite pasta, vegetable or poultry.

Oh, yeah. I've also added broccoli florets. I typically get them in a bag from the freezer section that I heat up in the micro to get ready to add at the end, with the chicken. While all of this is going on, I cook up the fettuccine noodles. Then, just put together and enjoy!

It's very easy. The toughest part is the standing there, stirring the mixture. Otherwise, VERY EASY!

Good luck! If anyone tries this, let me know how you do!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: