Friday, August 04, 2006

My Eyes...My EYES!

Rob is revelling in the fact that I am DEFINITELY looking older than he is. Technically, he is older than me by a month and a half.

This past Wednesday, it was my turn to go to the eye doctor. Low and behold, the doctor says to me, "I really think you need to get bifocals. Do you read a lot?" Well, of course I do. I love to read and am working on my Bachelor's Degree in ENGLISH. Plus, I am CONSTANTLY working on the computer. "Well, it appears that you have 2 problems, one with distance and one with up close." Yep, folks, you can have both at the same time. My eyes tend to get tired very quickly, which is probably why I suffer from so many migraines.

"So, you've only been getting help for the distance problem. We need to fix the other problem too." Then, Rob says, "Well can someone get bifocals if they have vertigo?" Which I have that a lot too, which is related to my hearing loss. "No, what we will need to do is have to get 2 pairs of glasses, one for reading and computer work and one for distances, especially when you drive."

Can you believe how embarrassed I was? BIFOCALS? I'm only 35. So, going along with my GREY hair, is the fact that I should be in bifocals! But, luckily, because of Rob's AWESOME health insurance from the Cleveland Clinic, the 2 pairs are only costing about $120. Hopefully, they will be ready Monday. I really understand now why my eyes get tired all the time and so quickly.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good hopefully this will also lessen the amout of migraines you have!