Monday, August 07, 2006

OKAY...The Results!

I think I've figured out the whole, "this was a bad weekend" thing. Friday started it by going to the dentist. I had my teeth cleaned. It has been a while, and, well, they weren't kind on my teeth. From that, my ears started to hurt, which turned into a 2 day migraine. From that, I got upset, then sad, etc. You see where it went. Plus, I was REALLY tired.

Last night, I was in bed, with Cassi, at 7:30. Luckily, I've got a TV in my room because she laid there for a while, watching TV while I slept. It ended up only being a nap. I woke up at 9:30 and realized that Rob was calling. I had just gotten up because I was hungry.

We ended up going into the living room and watching Brother Bear movie and playing with the cats. They are SOOOOOOO Hilarious! The runt, the little grey one, hops around like a rabbit. And, I swear she can jump from the floor directly up on the blue couch, which is about 2 feet up.

So, we ended up back in bed at 11:45. At about 3, I hear the 2 adult cats fighting. I go out to see what they are fighting about and shut them up. Cassi was sleeping with me. Then, all of a sudden, I had to use the potty. I see momma run down the hall after something. What? I couldn't tell. I got out into the living room and see what is in her mouth.

A small field mouse! It couldn't have been more than an inch long. Ah Hah! It was so cute. I tried ever so diligently to pry it from her mouth because it was still alive. She just wouldn't let go. In the end, I had to let her kill it. After a while, I went into the dining room to discover the dead mouse. I congratulated mom on her "kill" since cats are historically "mousers." Then, I went over the mouse with a paper towel, picked it up and put it in the garbage.

I went back to bed.

After a while, I hear this crash. In my house, we've got 2 doors leading out of our bedroom. One goes to the front hallway. The other goes to the back entrance and the back entrance to the kitchen. Come to find out momma had knocked over the garbage can, still wanting the mouse. I smacked her butt and picked up the garbage can.

My guess is that I saw her looking for said mouse during the day, but didn't really understand what she was doing. She had been keeping her nose to the bottom of the entertainment center. Plus, the kittens were trying to get behind the unit. I have stuff at the ends of the unit to keep the babies out.

Okay. Gotta go. This is garbage day. I've got to make sure the litter is cleaned up for ALL 6 cats to get out this morning. AND, Rob has a doctor's appointment this morning. I need to take him.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes sounds like you had a hectic weekend and a hectic day ahead! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Sugar would just put the mice in the bathtub and play with them.

I don't know about the other two, since we haven't got any mice since they arrived.

Cathy said...

Jas, side question, how were you able to sign in and comment, like a user? Must be the same company?

Anonymous said...

By using the "Other" selection for identity. I can put in a name and a web page.