Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today!

Today ended up being a very good day, a very LONG day, but a very good day.

To start with, I had to clean up my basement. With the fact that there are 2 adult cats in the house, and their litter pan lives in the basement, it had started to smell a little funky. So, I started by cleaning the basement floor, mopping, etc. Plus, I was washing laundry while I was down there, which ended up being a good thing.

Next thing I knew, Rob came down to help me clean up the basement even more. He helped me by removing the wall that the YAHOO of a former owner put up in the basement. Our basement is primarily divided into 2 long strips. The major side is 13 feet wide by 41 long. For some reason, and I think it's because he had 5 (yep, FIVE) kids and only in a 3 bedroom house, some of the kids lived in the basement. He was walling off the basement into rooms for the extra kids.

Anyway, we've always wanted to open up the front half of the basement to become a family room of some sort. I can't wait to get our storage stuff moved out of there to start the process of making it a livable space. It adds over 500 square feet of living space.

So, I can't even remember how many times I walked up and down the stairs. My legs hurt so bad right now. You would understand if you saw along the side of my garage. I'll just have to take a picture before Sunday and garbage night. Ooh, the garbage men are going to just LOVE us when we put all this CRAP out. Most of it is still from the previous owner. In one corner of the basement, he had converted an old bar counter into a work bench. At first we wanted it, but with the discover that YAHOO decided to drill DIRECTLY into the foundation walls without sealing them, the bar had gathered mold from the foundation leaking. As it stands now, we've fixed the holes in the foundation for leaking and have been able to get basement sealing paint on it.

Rob started taking down the NASTY walls that had been put up, along with helping get the CRAP out of the basement. Cassi was sooooo good today. She stayed in the house for most of the day, watching TV, playing on my computer, etc. Because of us being in the basement, I didn't want her outside much.

To reward her for her patience with us today, we took her out to eat this evening and to a movie. We took her to see, "Barnyard." When you're a parent, you tend to see MANY cartoon movies. Plus, because I've always been a Disney fanatic, I always love a good cartoon movie. This movie is made by Nikelodeon Movies. If you want a 2-hour movie that will laugh for the ENTIRE time, this is it. It's not just a kids' movie. This is DEFINITELY an adult-themed movie too. It's all about when the kid loses dad and has to become a MAN. I would have to watch it again to give a good review. I always like to watch movies once just to watch, then again if I was doing a review.

So, since school is coming up, I'm getting my stuff ready. I've already got one of my books for the Newspaper class I'm taking. Because I enjoyed the Media Writing class in Spring, I'm taking the Lab Newspaper I class in Fall. I'll be able to learn about putting a newspaper together, along with writing stories that will be printed in the news. This will also help me get good writing samples for my ePortfolio site.

Back to today. Because I was going through my papers, I found the tickets that I tought I had lost. So, we had 2 adult tickets for the movies. We just had to buy Cassi's ticket. But, because the movie just came out Friday, we were SUPPOSED TO pay $1.50 each because it was a new movie. The guy wasn't too bright, because he asks me, "So, you just need to buy 1 ticket? Am I correct?" I'm not going to tell him NO. If he didn't know about the "this is a new movie" spiel, I'm not telling him. So, the movie for the 3 of us cost $5.75. We didn't buy any food or drink because we had just finished dinner (a bad experience not worth mentioning).

After dinner and the movie, we came home. Rob pulled out our tent. His "girlfriend" and co-worker from the Clinic is coming camping with us (and of course her 2 kids). She is SUCH a riot! I can't wait to meet her. She is the RN part of Rob's team, which consists of RN, LPN, and Aide. We put the tent together in the basement to make sure we knew what we were doing and to make sure it was still in good shape. We haven't used the tents since 1998, before I had gotten pregnant.

With that, I'm going to close for the night. Lot to talk about. I'm feeling much better as you can tell. Sleeping better and overall frame of mind better. I hate when I'm a "witch."

Cassi is still up and ready for bed. I'll be going soon too. I want to read before I hit the hay!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Marie, got your call. As you can tell, I was out at the movies and didn't have my cell. Try me tomorrow. Promise, I'll have my cell. Or Rob, same as mine, but 1037 as the end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun night! That's good that you rewarded Cassi for being so good!! You need to do that everyonce and a while to help keep her on the straight and narrow!