Sunday, August 13, 2006

Let's be Weekday Hillbillies!

Sorry to all my blog friends and fellow readers. We enjoyed being hillbillies during the week last week. We went camping Thursday and Friday last week. It was VERY enjoyable. Since the majority of people were home working, we had our run of the campground. Plus, the weather was beautiful. Because it wasn't very humid, it didn't stink and the bugs were manageable.

At first, the reason we were going was because Rob's nurse co-worker, Roz, was going to come with us, along with her 2 kids. She ended up calling us on Thursday morning, letting us know she was being admitted to the hospital. A year ago, she had a kidney transplant. The doctors did some tests and a biopsy to see that her body is rejecting the kidney. So, they were unable to come. All the kids were so disappointed.

We had gone down Wednesday to setup tents for the kids to sleep in. Plus, because we had so much stuff to take down, half of the stuff went on Wednesday.

Here is a picture of the tents:

I jokingly have started calling them the "condos" that we had available for rent.

On our first night, we spent about an hour fishing. Cassi was hilarious. This was her first "reel" time fishing. She has a Barbie fishing pole.

To start, we had to buy some worms, AKA night crawlers. They got stored in a container with dirt. Now, these worms are on the LARGE size. Daddy broke the woms into pieces to conserve them.

"Ew, gross!" Cassi shouts.

"That's what fishing is, DIRTY!" we both tell her in return. Cassi is such a neat freak! She probably learned it from both of us.

So, in an hour, Cassi caught 2 fish and daddy caught 2.

They had lots of fun!

Then, we had a campfire. This was fun. It actually started quickly. Cassi and I enjoyed smores without the chocolate. Every time I roast a marshmallow, I love to have it charred. Plus, every time the mallow burns, it reminds me of the first Ghostbusters movie. "It's the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man."

Then, we went to the shower house by the office. For some reason, the water at our bath house has a bad smell to it. VERY CLEAN and comfy for a comfy night sleep! The night was very comfortable, not hot at all.

----------

Now that Friday morning came, it was about 10:19am when I took Cassi to the play area. Our friends, Bob and Betty, have their grandson, Chase, staying with them at the their camper. We stopped by and asked him if he wanted to go play with us so "Maw Maw" can clean. Rob went with Bob to pick up Bob's pay check from work. Rob left me with Cassi. This should give me some leverage for Rob to come with me when I want to go somewhere, with or without him.

You see, this morning, I woke at 8am. I needed to potty. Went, came back and went back to sleep. Rob woke me at 9:30am because he wanted to go with Bob. But, I needed to be awake because Cassi was staying at the campground. He doesn't realize that it's very tough for me to just "relax." So, every time we go to the campground, all I want to do is sleep.

So, I promised I would take a walk with Cassi. I just needed to wake up first, get dressed, and eat. That took about a half hour. Then,w e walked to Betty's to get Chase and walk to the play area.

The lake was VERY crystal clear this morning. On the way up, I stopped briefly because I could see the fish. You can see LOTS of pond grasses at the bottom. Near the sides, the water is very clear. There were so many different-sized fish. Many of them were smaller. They will DEFINITELY get bigger. When you fish, you have to throw them back. We don't get charged to fish at the campground.

I pushed the kids on the swings and let them play while writing my notes for this blog. After about 20 minutes, they got bored and wanted to go back to the camp sites.

On Friday, we did a number of different things. We had lunch with Bob, Betty, & Chase. I had hamburgers and hot dogs ready for Rob's friend. Then, in the afternoon, after Rob took a nap, while I read and Cassi watched TV, we drove to Massillon. There, we found a Super Wal-Mart. I just couldn't believe the selection they had versus the Wal-Marts in my area. In the evening, we fished again. Rob caught 2, Cassi caught 8, and I caught 2.

Saturday morning, we came home and checked on the cats and kittens. I cleaned all the litter pans. From here, we went to mom's. Rob helped my dad move around mattresses and box springs. They made it very easy for the delivery men to bring in mom's new mattress and box spring. We had dinner there of tacos and came home. Cassi stayed until today.

We are thinking about going back to the campground tomorrow. Not sure yet.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good few days at the camp ground! There was a girl somewhere along the Mississippi river that caught a record size fish with her Barbi fishing pole!