Sunday, April 29, 2007

This Week Coming Up

First off, this was a pretty good weekend. Yesterday, while Rob was sleeping, Cassi and I went to the library for a few hours. Cassi was home this weekend. She demanded to go to Sunday School today. So, no Pa's!

But, we went to the library. I have MUCH work to get done this week. While she was looking at books and deciding which movies to bring home, I was prepping and putting together my personal manuscript for my poetry class. Rob was woken up by a neighbor girl. She was bringing me an invitation to a Pampered Chef party her mom is having on the 9th. I guess she doesn't understand that Rob works at night and when a car is missing DON'T knock on the door. I have to remember to go over and remind her mom of that.

So, needless to say, Rob was not happy with the wake up call at 2:30 pm when he needs to sleep until 5 pm. I know he wasn't very cordial with the neighbor.

This week isn't going to be a cakewalk for me. First, in Poetry:

1. write up 3 more poems, a sonnet, a ballad, and a echo verse tonight
2. add those poems to the personal manuscript, print it, and bind it (yep, I've got my own comb binding machine here at home)
3. finish memorizing my poem (got 10 of the 35 lines memorized) for final on 5/7
4. scan doodles from classmates for class manuscript
5. format and drop in poems from classmates for class manuscript, print it, and bind it for everyone to get a copy (did this over the summer and will do it again; this is what happens when you're a take-charge kind of girl; everyone lets you take charge and do it)
6. get everyone's voices recorded for a class audio, edit the audio, and burn CDs for everyone
7. get artwork from classmate for class manuscript and audio
8. complete my journal this week and finalize printing for 3 inch binder (yes I said 3 inch binder) for review and grade on 5/7 (much larger than the 1/2 inch binder over the summer but also 3 times longer of a class)

For Technical Writing:
1. Oral presentation of term paper this Tuesday night (the effectiveness of the interactive whiteboard in the K-12 classroom)
2. turn in revised resume and application letter (got all 4's and 5's on them, but should get 5's in revision)
3. get second draft of paper back from grading
4. get journal back
5. prepare myself for written final, which I think is on 5/8

Summer Project:
Update and add papers written this summer from classes to online portfolio Web site.

Shew. Plus, this week is the Man's Birthday. I can't remember where this phrase came from. But, Rob's birthday is on Friday, May 4. He'll be 36 (shhhhh! I didn't tell you that). But, in his defense, I'll tell everyone my age, which is 6 years older than Marie. I'll be 36 in June.

With this, I'll close. I'm going to work on the poems now. Luckily, Cassi is still at Pa's. He came after church to pick her up for the day. This helped me get some stuff done today.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Lynda said...

My dad worked nights and had the same problem. He ended up sleeping a 8-1:30 and 7-10 schedule while we were in school.

But he got woken up a lot.