Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Weekend = Snow

This weekend was bad. Saturday night, Rob and I went to the eastside of Cleveland, visiting friends. On the way over, it was flurrying a little our way. I told Rob that I thought that once we hit the county line, there would be a curtain. That curtain would keep the bad weather in Cuyahoga County. Well, I wa right. Once we hit the county line, the roads got nasty. Once we hit downtown and headed east, snow blasted us right in the face. We travelled right into whiteout conditions. Going up the hill at Noble Road (eastside), we didn't make it half way up. Cars started slipping back down the hill. We had to divert to the side, go back down the hill and try a different road to get up the hill. We did get up and didn't go back down until we were done visiting.

After visiting Rob's former co-worker, we went to Jacci's house. They sold their house and moved into an apartment, a much better move for them. It's a smaller place, which means not as many people can be there at one time. This, I think, will be better for them. So, we stayed out until 9-ish. It took about an hour and a half to get home.

Sunday was REALLY bad. We knew it would be bad because of our trip the night before. But, Sunday was also Easter Sunday. Mom and dad were to be coming over. They had Cassi at their house for 2 nights sleepover. And, they were coming to eat at our place because we had all the food at our house. Mom calls at 10, saying they are not coming over. The back driveway at their building is so filled with snow that none of them are getting out. AND, they might not even get to work today.

As I'm talking to them, Rob is standing outside smoking. Yes, he smokes, but doesn't do so in the house. He hears me and smiles from ear to ear. We just happen to have a snow blower in the garage and NO SNOW at our house. So, Rob says to tell them to stop shoveling if they are. We're getting dressed and are on our way.

Have Blower Will Travel!

It was very difficult to get down the alley to their place. The snow REALLY was coming down. We got the wagon into the end of the opening and stopped. I had to wait because the drift was over my door. Rob got the blower out and moving. It took about an hour to blow all the snow away. But, would have taken dad and grandpa the entire day. Rob even blew the opening to grandpa's shop door.

Then, we came home with lots of stuff from Cassi. They came later. I had put the ham in the crock pot before we left for their house. This was a good thing because the ham ended up being done by 4. We ate ham, taters, veggies. Then for desert had strawberry shortcake with homemade biscuits.

Right now, the first load of dishes are in the dishwasher awaiting to be started. I'm also washing laundry.

I had some inspiration to write a poem this morning, which is good because I needed to write one for my poetry class today.

I'm still out of my tech writing class this week. I've got a few things left before finishing my paper for next week: citing page #s, summarizing paragraphs, and addresses for the manufacturer companies.

Okay. Gonna go for now.

Love for now,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Rob must love that snow blower! We got a little flakes but nothing that stuck. I guess that is the great thing about being central. Yesterday, my husband got a dumping on the car, and by the time he was home it was sunny out. Today it was 50 degrees!