Friday, April 06, 2007

Our Company

Over the past few weeks, Cassi and her friend, Alexis, have done a lot of stuff together. Just this week, Cassi got to go to Dan's & Alexis's Tuesday while I was at school. Wednesday, she got to go with them to the IX Indoor Amusement Park. Because of the bad weather, and the kids twisting his arms, they didn't leave until 10pm, when the fun closed. On the way home, they called asking if Cassi could spend the night.

No problem. After taking their time from the weather, they stopped at the house and picked up stuff for her for overnight. I was to pick her up at noon-ish. Well Thursday was a busy one for me. Out of $3k in chocolate ordered, we ended up missing 1 item. Got in touch with that mom and got to the candy store. Got the item and dropped it off at her job. We (the candy company and I) apologized to her for the inconvenience. Also, I got to go to Sears and pick up the pictures that came in (the ones shown in an earlier post).

But, after all this, I get to Dan's house. No Dan's car. I call him. Here they drove over to the mall to play. OK. I drive over to the mall to meet them. There's a "stand" in the middle of the mall that is acrobatics stuff. The kids have the ability to get hooked up to long bungy cords and jump up and down on trampolines, flipping if they want. I had gift certificates for 3 more rides. So, I brought them to him so the kids can jump.

I get home and nap for about a half hour. They get to our house at 3. Dan and his other daughter, Morgan, along with Alexis, stay until about 4:30. Cassi asks if Alexis can stay. Sure, no problem. But, she ends up leaving because mom hasn't called yet.

A little later, about 6:30, we call Dan. Alexis went home, but her mom is unsure about coming over because she doesn't know me. No problem. But, call her house. Also, Alexis's mom has to work Friday and doesn't know where to take Alexis for care.

I called. Explained who I was and if Alexis could come spend the night. Mom isn't sure about the care-thing. I told her to bring her over. I'm not working or in school today. I'll keep her. Besides, they only live one street over. As soon as mom comes in the door, she realizes who I am.

Yes, she does know me and is relieved to relate me with the person she says hi to at the school.

Let me tell you, I don't want ANY more kids. For those of you who know Cassi, she can be very strong-willed, just like me. Well, she needs attention 100% of the time or else she gets bored, also like me. Alexis is the same way. Even though she has a little sister, she likes to be in charge and order people around.

Last night and today turned out to be a very interesting experience. Last night, we did Easter projects. First, I boiled eggs and got them ready for coloring. They played on the PlayStation. Then, once the eggs were done, they played games a little more. Then, I put the eggs to the side and got out craft projects. Rob and I purchased them at the beginning of the week at 50% off at Joann Fabrics. There were foam bunnies, lambs, and smore bunnies. We got them started. At some point, we had to quit because glue was everywhere and the foamies needed to dry.

The girls got their jammies on and got ready for bed. The girls crashed in the living room, in front of the TV. With the new windows (oh, didn't you know we FINALLY GOT THEM?) in place, it was a heck of a lot warmer in the living room. I was more comfortable letting them sleep there. They watched the Disney Movie, The Wild and ate popcorn. By 11:30, they were tired, even though the movie wasn't over. Shut the movie down and they went straight to sleep.

Me, another story. After doing some texting back and forth to Rob, he tells me he is super busy. I shut off my TV and go to sleep. I am awake by 6:30 this morning. They are up by 9. So, today, we completed craft projects, more games, and even went to BK for lunch. I had 2 coupons for free happy meals. The girls got nuggets. But, I also got a cheeseburger meal for myself. I split the fries amongst the girls. I ate my burger and a Hershey Ice Cream pie. OK. Guys kills me! But, I didn't eat any fries and I've lost another 3 pounds this week. My reward since I've been eating less.

This afternoon, the girls played on Cassi computer some, played in the basement some, and also played on the PS2 again. Pa and Nana got there at 4. Alexis's mom got there about 4:30. Alexis took all her crafts home, along with 6 of the eggs we made. I think her mom was happy that Alexis had fun. I told her the truth. It was a little demanding on me today, but okay. She's independent just like Cassi is. This is a good thing.

Then, Pa, Nana, and Cassi left. Yeah for me! Got to relax. Rob and I had dinner. I put Rob's clothes out for work. I printed Cassi's pictures. Some will go in the mail, some will be handed out. I gave mom and dad their Easter gift. Marie will get hers when she comes for a visit next week (sorry Vegas Princess, we get all the luck!) before her 30th Birthday. Ooops! Did that slip out? Yep, my little sister will be 30! It's all DOWN HILL from here!

I've still got more pictures to send the friends. Still trying to decide which pictures to print for them.

Okay. Gonna go now. I'm in better spirits today. I'm relaxing by myself this evening. Sunday will be crazy as we'll have a house full for Easter (Marie, call us here).

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, it does sound like a demanding day! And just because 30 was all down hill doesn't mean it is for me! Don't put your issues on me!! And good job with the loosing weight! I'm really proud of you! Keep up the good work! You want to be around as long as possible for the munchkin!