Friday, April 13, 2007

My Daughter...

will try anything, once, twice, etc. This time was the first.

Yesterday, Rob and I went to the auto supply store to pick up more parts for the wagon. We just cannot afford to buy another car, additional car payment, higher insurance rates. So, as we can, we've been buying the parts and fixing ourselves.

So, yesterday, Rob purchased an idle control valve, O2 sensors, and PCV valve. The O2 sensors were the worst to change. He ended up having to spend an additonal $100 to have a Tuffy car repair place to put the sensors in for him. They had to crack open the torch to burn the old crap away for the things to come out.

But, at the auto supply store, Cassi says she wants her "little girl" snow shovel. We'd seen it there the last time. It's actually a snow shovel that can be left in the car in case your tires get stuck wherever you might be in a snow storm. But, to her, it's "her size" shovel. The guys said they had just boxed them up and put them away. I told Cassi we could get one now, even though she probably won't get to use it until next year.

So, I pull out the cash I have on hand, a ten and a five. The total with tax is $9.50. I tell Cassi to give the man the ten. Well, the ten is Cassi's money from Big Pa Dave and Bea for Easter. She tells me she can't spend it because Aunt 'Re is coming to buy her games. She gives the guy the five. No, I tell her to give him the ten because the five isn't enough. She was Hell-bent on not giving him the ten because she thought her money was going away. She didn't want to have to buy the shovel herself. She wanted me to buy it!

I told her to give the man the money. Mommy would go to the bank before 'Re comes so she would have money to spend with her. Low and behold, last night, I picked up a twenty for them. OK, all was good with the world again.

And, today, Marie sent me a text message. Besides the $20 I gave them, Marie had $13 for her good days in March. Cassi bought two movies with the money. Much better use of the money than games.

Thought everyone would laugh that Cassi just wouldn't give up that ten to buy the shovel. Now, we think she won't get to use it until next year.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She was determined to spend ALL her money when we went out!! She didn't want to save one cent!!