Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Marie Comes to Town

This weekend, Marie will be coming to visit (sorry Vegas Princess). Because she's not coming down for her birthday, which is fine with me, she's coming this weekend. I can't wait. I've got some work to do for school, but will definitely get the chance to see her. We're going to celebrate her birthday this weekend. Yes, I've got her present. I've actually had it since January. I ordered it in January, expecting it to take a number of weeks to arrive. It arrived in a week. I liked it so much that I got one for her and one for me.

But, first, Marie asked for a specific cake with sour cream icing. Then, she asked me last night to do strawberry shortcakes because we had them on Sunday for Easter.

Well, I'm not making the shortcakes. Sorry, Marie. I'm going to make a cake myself. But, I think you'll enjoy it. I'll make it on Friday and bring it over for Saturday night. I just KNOW you'll enjoy it.

Ok. I'll go now. After the cake is done, I'll take photos for all to see. Then, I'll take pictures with Marie.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Homemade cakes are the BEST!! Sounds like you have good times planned!

Unknown said...

I'll just be happy to see everyone! And the only reason why I was thinking about the shortcakes was because I was trying to think of what might be better for Dad's sugar.

Miki said...

Glad that you tow will be able to spend time with each other! Have fun and definately post those pics!

Cupcake Blonde said...

This is so not fair!! I want to come! I have missed way too many birthdays and this one is such an important one. But I bet you will all have a great time...even without me there. Have lots of cake for me!

I had the same thing happen with her present...I ordered it on Friday because I figured it would take a while to get to her and low and behold I think she is going to get it WAAAYYYYY too early. Oh well, at least it won't be late.

Oh, oopps...was I not supposed to say I sent a gift?