Thursday, April 05, 2007

CRAPPY Wednesday...

Okay. For all my adoring fans (all 4 of you and you know who you are), yesterday SUCKED. I've already quickly sent a message to Marie, my wonderful sister, explaining shortly what happened.

As you know, I put my letter of recommendation out here a few days ago. Yesterday was a reception and announcement of a $2500 scholarship, given by National City Bank. This was the first time for this scholarship. I felt I was the prime candidate to receive the gift because: 1. I am a woman, 2. I have a family, and 3. I am a non-traditional student (35 right now).

None of that mattered. As a matter of fact, I was the only non-colored person in the room besides Rob who came with me and the Career Services director and some of the staff from National City Bank. This scholarship was to be given to someone who is a minority. Granted, I don't look like a minority, but I am. I am descended from an Argentinian (sp). My mother's mother's father was born in Argentina. This makes me hispanic, even though I present myself with European traits. If anyone has ever seen my sister, you would see the hispanic in our family line as she looks exactly like my grandmother, but a little taller.

So, even before the event began, Rob and I were able to see the "check" with the name. Wasn't me. With all of the students in the room, I was the oldest. So, the whole thing was ruined for me.

But, to start the day, the whole day was crap. Rob finished working at the clinic and needed to turn in stuff. So, we went. One of my nails broke while I was waiting. AND, it hurt. Went to the salon to get them fixed. I was going there anyway because I was having them done for the reception. The paint job didn't turn out well and I had to go back to get them to fix it.

So, I got home to get ready. Remember that wardrobe malfunction last month? Well, I got the new one like I told you all, but left it hanging in my closet. Yesterday was the perfect day to wear it. I wasn't even in it 30 minutes when I ran my hands down the front of my dress to make sure everything was ok. UHUH! This time, on both sides of my dress, there was a rip. I hadn't even bent down to pick up anything. AND, this dress was one size larger than the first. You can believe I took the dress back. Luckily they gave me my money back for it.

But, when it happened, about 5 minutes before leaving, I told Rob then, I wondered why I was even going. If this was the precursor to what was happening for the day, then I know I didn't win. What a way to realize this!

To top off my night, I got home and got an email from DFAS. DFAS is Defense Finance and Accounting Service. This is where mom and dad work. Mom sent me the posting for summer employment in their office. Sounded like a good deal for me. The job was for an office clerk. I applied and put all my information back to when I formerly worked for the federal government. Plus, the fact that I'm in school because this job is for college students. I received my "email" last night saying they've processed my application. IF there is an opening, they will contact me. It was the old, "Thanks for applying but we don't really want you message." At least they were prompt with it.

So, needless to say, Wednesday was NOT good for me at all.

On a bright note, Cassi has had a VERY good week. She went to Dan's and Alexis's house Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday, she got invited to the IX Indoor Amusement Park (annual thing here at our MAJOR convention center). Then, got to spend the night. She is still there now. I will go about noon to get her. Then, tomorrow afternoon, she's going to Pa's until Sunday when they'll come here for Easter.

Okay. Gonna go now. Not going to be a good day.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doh that does sound like a crappy day!! Maybe things will be better over the next few days! Make sure you take good care of yourself!