Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oh, Yes...

More about yesterday...

Since Rob was up, we came home a little earlier than we thought. Because Rob was in pain, he thinks he has a pinched nerve in his left shoulder, he stands outside, smoking, and says he has to cut the grass. No, I told him I would do it. That's all we need is for him to get hurt worse. And, I've never used the push mower. No time better than the present. AND, a good excuse to get some walking exercise in.

So, we go out to the garage. Rob has Cassi help him clean out the "back" yard. For whatever reason, our yard is the collect all for the local blowing garbage. YUCK! Things like empty cans, cups, etc. Plus, with the older trees in this part of the yard, there's dropped branches that need to be moved. She is more than happy to help.

I get the mower out. Rob shows me how to start the mower and I'm off. But, he tells me if I just pull on this lever, holding it, the mower will push itself. Hmmm. Guess it's self-propelled. This really helps when I'm walking.

Hmmmm Hmmmmm! This isn't too bad. One time around, Rob stops me. "Don't you have any junky sneakers? Your sneakers are going to turn green from the grass."

"No. I have one pair of sneakers!" I don't have the TONS of old pairs like he does. But, today, he was able to clean them and remove all the green from the leather part of the sneaker.

I get the entire lawn done. I know I walked at least a mile, if not more. Also, my hands were numb from the vibrations of the mower. This was my first time, just a virgin lawn mower-er. I left a few blades longer than normal in a few missed spots, but overall not a bad job. Even Rob complimented me on my good work.

Hmmm. Maybe he's thinking I should travel with said mower. "Have Mower Will Travel"

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I mowed last year and didn't like it one bit. We collect a lot of trash in our yard too.

Unknown said...

Well you are far braver than me! I won't touch a lawn mower! The allergies alone would kill me!