Monday, March 19, 2007

Yuck! The Weather Sucks!

I'm just sitting at my dining room table, listening to the sleet clink on my OLD windows. It appears the weather is getting CRAPPY here. Not going to be a fun afternoon drive into town for work.

This morning has been VERY busy, as usual, for me. Started by getting Cassi ready for school. Got to school and dropped off the PTO stuff at the office. Got a check from one of the Title 1 teachers. She gave us an order for our fundraiser. She totaled her order correctly, but forgot half of the money on her check. I joked with her Friday that, "I knew where she worked!" but told her that Monday would be fine with the other amount. She brought in the check this morning. Because I had totaled up the amount this morning for the deposit and it was already to go, I didn't include her check with the two deposits I did this morning.

I'm happy to see that our fundraiser made over $3k in sales, with about $900 in profit for the school. Even though we only made $900, I'm going to have the school order all the gym goodies for the classes and the portable basketball hoop. This was a quick-hit fundraiser, with good results.

From the school, I went down the street and made the deposits (note to self: take deposit slips to binder). Then, I went to the chocolate company and turned in the order slips. We'll know in a few days how much we owe them. At that point, I'll take the check I've got back to them with the payment. This is so exciting. This was my FIRST fundraiser that I ran pretty much by myself. Yes, my friend, Dan, who's the treasurer also helped, but I did lots of the stuff alone, totaling out each order form, getting the money ready for deposit, making the deposit, dropping off the order forms to the company. But, luckily, the goodies will be back to the school two weeks from today. I'll meet them at 2pm when the goodies arrive.

Then, I came home. I'm sitting now, working on this laptop (with extra keyboard and mouse in hand). I've got to remember to get a number pad for this laptop. That's the only reason why I'm using this extra keyboard. Because I was adding checks in Excel yesterday, I used the keyboard to enter in the numbers. I taught myself to use the 10-key number pad and it REALLY comes in handy when you're trying to enter over 80 checks for adding.

Okay. Gotta go for now. I'm going to go get my roast started cooking. I'm putting it in the rotisserie. Even though I won't be here later, for my class, for Rob to eat before work, I'm going to have dinner ready for him.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the fund raiser went well!! Good luck as you start up class again!