Saturday, March 31, 2007

Shew! Blogging and Thinking in Reverse

I've got a whole set of blog entries to put in later, but the whole idea of how someone enters blog stories for people to read is backwards. Because you read the blog from top to bottom, older stuff you enter, for obvious reasons, is at the bottom. But, when you want to enter a series, you need to think in reverse for entering. Because the stuff you want people to read FIRST are the things you need to write LAST! Strange, eh!

Well, the reason I say this is that there will be 3 more posts after this one, journaling our past 2 days of chaos in the house. The house is pretty much back in order. I still need to resetup our printing station. And, mom's working on shortening Cassi's curtains for her room, along with our needing to put up the curtains in her room and in our office. But, otherwise, everything is pretty much back in order. We ended needing to go out and purchase new curtain rods for the dining room windows, all 3 bedrooms, and the kitchen. The kitchen will be fun because the light over our sink is too close to the window now. We currently can't put the rod up. AND, at the same time, just like the other 2 lights Rob has replaced, we'll have to drywall and clean up the mess hiding under the light in the kitchen as the seller was a real JACK### when he put the light up.

But, this weekend, Cassi is out with Pa. She REALLY tried to get a better offer. She wanted to go over to Alexis's house. I reasoned with her to go to Pa's because she really hasn't been there in almost 2 weeks, not even really in the evenings for my class. So, I know Pa has been missing her. Plus, for Easter break, she's already been invited over Alexis and Dan's house. He's such a good guy. I'm glad that I can call him my friend. Don't have much of them these days, especially ones that, out of the blue say, yeah, I'll take her anytime when you're going to school. They can play. Just come get her when you're done. I really like his girlfriend too. It's nice to have friends who also have kids of their own. It'll be nice over the summer to do things together as families, picnics and such.

But, as I started to say, Cassi's at Pa's. Rob and I went out for breakfast together this morning. Maybe we're continuing that "date night" thing for every weekend. It was nice to go do something together by ourselves. The food was good too. We went to Golden Corral. I had an omlet, a blueberry pancake, 2 halves of french toast, this small piece of a breakfast bake. I also got to drink a chocolate milk. Mmmmmm.

This weekend is going to be a catchup for me. I've got to print out these blog pages for my journal for poetry class. Plus, I've got to include my weekly dividers too. Then, I've got to update my journal for my tech writing class. Professor Mary finally gave me back my binder, which seems to be ready for the trash heap. I've got others to replace it, especially since the binder is now too small for my journal entries. Even though she only wanted me to put the news clips and overviews in the journal, I'm also adding the work I've done in class, with the grades.

Then, because next week is Easter, I'm working on printing out photos of Cassi to send with Easter cards this week. Cassi had pictures done professionally at Sears. I can't believe how beautiful she looks. Let me see if I can add some of them here. I saved the electronic files. They look good for viewing on the web.

Then, I've got laundry, dishes, and the usual house cleaning for the weekend. Also, I met with Professor Nuala yesterday. I told her about the papers I've had to write for my tech writing class. She suggested that I try to write poems about the topics from those papers. So, as part of my homework for her this weekend, I'm also going to try to write a poem about breathalyzers as this was a paper for the other class. Also, I like the idea that I came up with yesterday. Becuase I listen to music SO much, I thought of a topic like, take a line, could be the title or a line within one of your favorite songs and write a free verse poem. So, I'm hoping to have 3 new poems for Monday. Plus, because I had shared 2 other poems I wrote a couple weeks ago, but haven't been able to workshop them yet, Nuala said I could be first and have those poems workshopped.

But, right now, I'm working to create my new resume on usajobs.com. Mom sent me a posting about summer openings at her office. Would be nice to work in the same office as mom & dad.

Gotta go for now. Here's the picture:



Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is just such an angel!! I'm glad things are starting to calm down! Hopefully I can catch up with your blog later today!

Cupcake Blonde said...

She looks so grown up!! She is adorable.