Saturday, March 31, 2007

Old Windows

Old Windows:

Our bedroom and back door (back door next to be replaced)


These windows are the back of the dining room and the kitchen. As you can see, they are the old crank style. All the windows are aluminum framed. The glass is called "jealousy" glass.
This is the other dining room window.
These are the two front beedroom windows.
This is the front living room window, along with the front door. The front door was changed last fall. The window opening is 96" wide by 62 inches tall.
This is the other living room window. Both of the sides of these windows would crank out for air. As you can see on these pictures, on the "fancy" rock, there is white specks. These specks come from caulking that was holding aluminum overhangs over 5 of the windows. We took the overhangs down and cashed them in. I couldn't believe there was 73 pounds of aluminum, for which we got $40 for.
Also, with the windows, each window on the inside had 1 inch thick marble ledges. All of the marble was able to come up without the need to break them. We've gotten a suggestion to make them into a butcher block. We've one-upped this idea by making me my movable island with a cabinet and the marble block for the counter top/cutting block. I'll get my Grandpa Dave to help me clean up the marble and get it ready to make a counter top. Also, Rob and I want to make coasters out of some of it. I think, the rest could end up being sold.
Lots of Love,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: