Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Not a Winner...

Okay. So, I wasn't the winner, or even A winner in the lottery. I know my problem. It's because I NEED the money. I've got friends who say, because I NEED the money, I'll never see it. Of course, if I had won, I would have been subject to the "lottery curse." Not heard of it? Well, from what I've read and seen on TV, most people who win the lottery don't think responisbly with the money. In short order, the money is gone, and, in some cases, the winners get into trouble with the law.

Now, can you see me running afoul of the law? Oh, no! It's Cathy, and SHE'S ON THE RUN!

Nope. Not ever gonna happen. Not like a lovely brother-in-law that I've got. THE CRIMINAL! Well, an update: 1. He's in jail for violating his probation for a drug violation (he tried to get 150 oxycodone's instead of 15 by changing the prescription from his doctor). 2. He's in jail for stealing from his most current employer (safecracking F-4, tampering with evidence F-3, and theft M-1) for which he has entered a plea of not-guilty. 3. Because he has never given child enforcement a current address, his criminal case for child support has come back to haunt him (tried to catch him with skip tracing and was caught).

I just KNOW I'll never be bad like this. Plus, the only bad thing I've done in the last 8 years is not completely stop at a stop sign! Ahhh! Cathy, you're so bad! Yep, it's criminal I tell you.

Boy, this post definitely went where I hadn't expected it, but, I enjoyed the writing. It was fun.

But, Cassi is home sick today. Her voice goes in and out, coughing, and fever. She so wanted to go to school today. Today is reading buddies day. Being in first grade, she is partnered with a fourth grader to help her learn to read. Well, her buddy's name is: Cassi. The same name as Cassi. So, I explained to Cassi this morning that she shouldn't go to school because she doesn't want to get her buddy, Cassi, sick too. She agreed. She's currently playing on my desktop in the office.

I've done dishes this morning. Because the bread was a hit on Sunday, I'm going to make another loaf today. Can't wait until it's done. That soft, warm bread. Okay. Gotta get up now to get it ready to bake.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that munchkin had to stay home yesterday! And as for a curse the only one you need to worry about is the barrowing trouble one! Why do you keep talking about your brother-in-law? Just by talking about him you are celebrating his problems, that's bad karma!! WATCH OUT!!

Miki said...

Hey Cathy,
sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, been under the weather, and as I get better, I am so far behind in the chores, that I read the blogs, but don't comment! Sorry about the lottery, but Marie is right, don't give the criminal the satisfaction of his 15 minutes of fame on your blog! He needs help that you cannot provide him, let him go! By the way, we didn't win the lottery either! So need or not, we are in the same boat. Glad that school is going so well for you, it must be very satisfying to know that you do what you do very well! Tell Cassi to feel better soon, I have a sick one home too, Patrick. he is running a fever, feels a little weak, and throat hurts a little. We will see what the day brings.