Saturday, March 31, 2007

Story About the Windows

Okay, here's the story. As I state in the next post, I had to create these post backwards so you can see them in the correct order.

But, about the story. We purchased this home 2 years ago. The major problem with the windows is that they were original to the house (among other things we've come to find out as being original to the building of this home). We have been working this whole time to get financing to replace the windows. After two times, we finally got our desires accomplished.

The project took two days to complete. I can't wait to get to work on our summer projects. We've picked up paint for the walls, ceilings, and wood trim for the windows.

The original windows did not keep the sound out or the cold out or the heat out. I'm already able to hear it being quieter. I'm also able to keep the temperature down more. I can't wait to be able to open the windows for the summer and keep the central air off as much as possible.

Okay. The next two posts show the old window pictures, then the new window pictures.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I had a feeling that is what you were doing!! I know it will make a huge difference in the heating of the house!