Saturday, March 17, 2007

Crunch Time

Okay, so this weekend is crunch time. I'm finishing reading my journals for my term paper. I can't believe I got the number whittled down to nine. Professor Mary wanted 5-6, but, because of the complexity of my paper, and the fact that some of my sources are only 2 pages, I'm allowed to have more. So, nine it is! But, that's been whittled down from 45. Believe me, if I was doing a master's paper, I definitely would have enough sources to write a 20 page+ paper. But, since I'm an undergrad, she doesn't want our papers to go more than 7 pages for the body of the paper. Once I'm finished, the entire paper will be about 11 pages. But, I've got to get confirmation from her about adding the sources I need to use about the manufacturers of the whiteboards.

If you've not seen one, an EXCELLENT Web site to visit is: SMART Technologies. They build an interactive whiteboard, called a SMART Board. I just think it's amazing. I can just imagine the grades I would have gotten if these things had been in existence when I was in school. Because of my being visually-oriented when it comes to learning (and teaching to others), these boards would have been GREAT for me.

But, I've also got to come up with a presentation after the paper. AND, I get to use the one we've got in our library at the college for a live presentation. I'm going to get some sample lesson plans from Cassi's school for the presentation. A chief question I know will be, what's the difference between a PowerPoint presentation and this device. I'll be able to show them the difference since a whiteboard allows the students to become the teachers.

On the poetry front, I've got two poems to write for Monday. I've been doing my "rhyming" exercises, coming up with words that will rhyme in my poems. They are form poems, a pantoum and a triolet form. I know, what does that mean to you? Probably not much. But, as soon as I get them written, I'll add them to my creative writing blog.

And with all this going on, where's Rob and Cassi. Rob is currently sleeping, working toward his third day in a row of six at work. Come Wednesday, he'll be off for seven days straight, then it's six on again. Like a mini vacation between a HELLISH shift. Cassi, feeling herself again, went to Pa's for an overnight sleepover. She's still coughing a little, but well enough to go. This is good for me. After I get this posting done, I'll be back to reading. I needed a quick break before continuing.

To all of you whooping it up today, just be careful. You KNOW the police are out there looking for you drinkers.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy St. Patty's Day!! Good luck with all the homework!!