Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cassi's First Poem

I was sorting through Cassi's "Bee" Book this morning, making sure everything is there for her to go to school. Yes, even in first grade the kids have binders for their work. But, low and behold, I find a poem, written by her and in her own handwriting. OK. So, I don't know if she completely thought about what to write by herself, but it just goes to show you that the writing "apple" doesn't fall far from the tree.

And, without further blah blah blah, here is the poem:


Spring is special.
Playing at the park
Rain in the spring
It is sunny.
Nice flowers grow
Growing

Cassi
3/27/2007

What do you think? Not bad for a first grader. And, a good poem to share since it's about spring. Plus, being that it's Wednesday, AND Cassi's coming with me to poetry class, I'm going to print and share the poem with my classmates.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea!!! I love the poem!!! I'll read the rest of your blog later, I'm heading to the eye doctor now. That will pretty much wipe out what's left of my tax return!

Cathy said...

Yeah! I could just change my bunny graphic until Halloween!