Monday, March 05, 2007

Thoughts and Other Things

Hey, I've not posted in a few days. That doesn't mean I haven't had anything to say, it's just that what I said went directly to my journal. I was ranting and ranted there instead of here.

Here's the short-short version of this weekend: 1. Rob's car died on the highway on the way home from work Friday. We had to get it towed 2 miles to the dealership, by the way, that we purchased the car from and was the closest. The car is going to cost $700 to fix because it needs a new water pump and timing belt. 2. While out with Cassi in the backseat, she decides to vandalize my seat fabric by poking holes in the seat with a pencil. So, she lost her chance at going to a sleepover birthday party. 3. I had to finish memorizing my poem for today's midterm exam for which I got an A (more info to follow). 4. Mom and Dad's 35th Anniversary was yesterday. They came over and had dinner with us. (again more to follow on this one too).

Right now, this is the only homework I seem to be doing. I've got a memo to write as my homework for tomorrow's class. Cassi and I are home alone this evening, without a car. Rob's car won't be back to us until Friday. He's at work and my dad brought us home from his house after I got done work.

I've also got lots of PTO stuff to do this evening. I'm trying to get our group more organized. Yes, I learned to by anal and VERY organized. The group really needs to be more "with it." Plus, I've got a new round of letters to put together and get out to the parents of the students who still owe money to the PTO. I wished I had been involved with the fundraiser they did this past fall because I would not have done a "post pay," that is allow people to order and NOT turn in orders without money. We are still trying to collect over $400 from parents. As far as I'm concerned, these people are criminals because they have stolen products they have not paid and probably do not intend to pay. If they intended to pay for them, they would have done so 6 months ago! Sorry, just very PISSED about the whole situation. As long as I'm in charge, there will NEVER be a "post pay" fundraiser again.

But, we've got a meeting this week. Next week, the fundraiser we're doing now is finishing up. Our goal is $10K in sales. If we do, we'll make $3K in profit that is being used for the school. I've really been enjoying the whole fundraising process and helping the kids.

Plus, I'm working on getting our next newsletter together that will go out on Friday or Monday next week.

Oooh, next week is my Spring Break. But, not much of a Spring Break. The only good thing that will happen next week is my wedding anniversary. On March 14, I will be married to Rob for 10 YEARS! I can't believe it's been this long.

But, I did promise to talk about a few things that were in the numbers above. Midterm: I had to recite my poem twice as I choked at the last four lines. But, when they came around to me to do it again, I started from the beginning and was able to remember the whole thing. I had typed my poem onto 5x8 index cards and color-coded the lines. My professor said she could see me "seeing" the cards in my mind. It was something that I was able to memorize the poem in a week and remember what the cards looked like because of the colors. I think that's why I had such a good memory growing up and going to school. I was able to remember things in a book, even if I hadn't READ the entire chapter because I remembered where things were in the book from the pictures and things around the text. It still works! Oh, yeah! I got an A!

Anniversary: Well, yesterday was my mom's & dad's anniversary. They've been married 35 years. They originally met on a blind date in Hoboken, NJ. Incidentally, I will be 36 in June! But, they came over. I made roast chicken, taters, corn, and home-made bread. Everyone enjoyed dinner very much. I enjoyed making the dinner. I really enjoyed making the bread. Even though I cheated and used the machine, it was fun putting it together and eating it in the end. I'll have to remember I've got about 20 pounds of bread flour left. I'll have to keep making bread. Plus, after about 10 minutes of prep, it did its own thing and baked for the three hours. Cassi ate like a PIG. I guess because Pa was here, Cassi couldn't put her silverware down!

But, today was the usual. I've been having my withdrawn period for the past few days. I know why after this morning, as all of us women know. I'm REALLY tired right now. I think I'll probably go to bed early this evening.

Okay. I'm gonna go. I'm going to put this binder together and get my PTO stuff done. I still have tomorrow morning to get my homework done for class.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the A that is awesome!! Sorry to hear about the car, but at least you had the money to get it fixed. Even though you save money with Rob changing the oil at home, you loose money because he can't see problems coming down the road. It's might be more cost effective to get your oil professionally changed. I'm sorry to hear munchkin missed her party for acting up, but I'm really proud the way you handled it! Enjoy your break next week!