Thursday, March 15, 2007

Eventful Week

Well, to say the least, it has been an eventful week. Even with being on spring break, lots have happened here at home.

I started the week not having a really good one. Don't want to go into it further. Some yelling and crying on my part. But, I'm better now.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (today), I got to spend time with Rob, helping him around the house. He was doing some scraping of the windows and replacing some of the cracking concrete. Because the weather was BEAUTIFUL Tuesday and Wednesday, we did some working outside. We also WASHED the cars. Yes, for those of you in the Cleveland area, this is why it rained on Wednesday. We washed cars on Tuesday.

Also, on Tuesday, Rob started the process of replacing the light fixture in our dining room. Because of the hole left in the ceiling because it is the ORIGINAL ceiling to the house, we bought an architectural ring and added it between our new light and the ceiling. It looks so nice. As I stated in an earlier post, this is the ceiling fan that we've carried and used in each of our homes from 1998 until now. I would have to say that this will be the final home for the light. It will stay here now. (pictures to follow)

As I told all of you, yesterday was our 10th anniversary. After getting Cassi off to school, Rob and I spent the day together. He gave me a day of beauty. What a LOVING man! He gave me a framed poem for our anniversary. We've seen this poem before, and I actually gave it to him, made by me in a frame last year. This time, he gave it to me. The poem is "I'd Marry You Again" by Anne Peterson. Here is the poem:

I'd Marry You Again

With tiny tears that glistened,
my eyes were fixed on you,
and thinking of the life we'd
share we softly said, "I do."

Our hearts were knit together
from the time that we first met,
and memories were gathered
that we never will forget.

While daily living life with you,
you saw the real in me,
and still you chose acceptance,
a loving mystery.

With many happy times gone by
and others when we cried,
some days we'd share so endlessly,
while other days we'd hide.

With all the ups and downs
we've had in learning to be friends,
I know that in this heart of mine,
I'd marry you again.

- Anne Peterson

This is my all-time favorite poem. The framing of this is beautiful too. I've got some space on my wall in the living where it's going to go. I've been waiting to get a large clock to put in this space. But, after two years, it's time to put something there. There's this framed picture and one he gave me two years ago. Plus, I've got some other rose pictures I need to finish blackening and print them for some frames I've got to add with this grouping. Will get photos when I'm finished.

Last night, we had dinner at Olive Garden. We had gift cards from our bank for the parent company of Olive Garden. Of the restaurants available to use the cards, this location was the best because we had Cassi with us, and this restaurant has the best choice of food for her. We used the entire amount of our cards, with some left over for the server for a tip, which she gladly accepted.

Last night, after getting home and putting our cable back on, an emergency broadcast flashes across the TV screen stating we were in a torando warning. And, to top it off, the tornado was sighted just where we had come from, Rt. 90 and Rt. 57, just five minutes up the street from us. I know we were outside about that time and the sky was absolutely BLACK. And, I know I heard a loud boom about the time they announced the issue. Come to find out that a florist/landscaping company that was right in the path of the tornado suffered over 250k in damages. We drove by today. What a mess!

Also, Marie, my WONDERFUL sister, calls today and reminds me to call my dad. Some people had lost electric last night. You see, my dad is a MAJOR worrier. He worries about everything and everyone. That's just the way he is. But, it was a good thing I called him. Cassi was getting ready for school. I was actually starting to get my coat on to go down the street when I called him. He says to me, "Hey. Isn't Cassi off school today?" "Hmm? Have no clue. I haven't watched the news yet."

Well, Cassi ended up with no school today because of no electricity. When we went up the street this morning, and thinking about it this afternoon, I figured out why. The main administration building must have been without the electric, which operates the computer network, phones, etc. If they're out, everyone's out. Hmmm, we'll have to see if their Easter break is cancelled. It just might be now for the number of days out for the weather.

So, today was a fun day in the neighborhood. Cassi craves for constant attention and activity. Rob and I finished the ceiling fan today. It looks gorgeous. But, we also took our Orek vaccuum (definitely worth the investment) for its annual maintenance and had to pick up some new light bulbs for the light part of the unit. I can't believe how much light is available in the great room now.

But, now, Rob is getting ready for work. For this month, he's working six days on and eight days off every two weeks. The first day off after working six days, he'll probably sleep most of the day away. He'll be getting a short vacation every other week. After he goes, I'm going to take Cassi out to play and I'll work on my term paper for tech writing. I'm also probably going to start writing the paper too, even if it's just notes.

Now that spring break is coming to an end, I've got to get any homework done for next week as I start back to the grind on Monday. And, with Rob now working the next six days, Cassi will go to Pa's next week Monday - Wednesday. She's also getting to go over this weekend on Saturday to Sunday. She'll get the opportunity to ice skating on Saturday and see her favorite guard, Nick. He's actually and very good looking 20-something year old.

Okay. That's it for now. I've got to get my stuff together to take to BK for her to play.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I worked yesterday morning and saw that there had been bad weather! Dad had been worried, so I'm glad you called!! You should know by now Dad ALWAYS worries, and just by making a simple call to him, you would make his day better!! Good luck with working on the paper!! I hope Cassi doesn't loose her vacation!