Sunday, January 28, 2007

Now WHERE did that alcohol go?

It has not been a good weekend for me. For those of you who know me, I have NEVER in my life been drunk. Yes, I love a good drink now and then, but haven't had too much to drink. At least not more than my body can take. In college, I was able to get away with FAR MORE than I can now. Give me one good margarita and I've HAD it.

Anyway, you would have thought that I had been drinking out of my mind on Friday. Rob was working; Cassi had her friend over for the weekend (Caroline). About 8:30, as I was watching TV with the girls, I went into one of my vertigo sessions. This one was so bad, I couldn't even sit up. Every time I sat up, I would fall forward. You would have thought that I had been full alcohol. But, alas, no yummies.

By 9:30, I had text-messaged Rob, telling him what was going on. Luckily, I had setup the blow-up mattress for the girls. They slept in the living room on a raised-up, queen mattress. I had all I could do to walk (with hands on the walls) down the hall and plop into bed. Everything was locked up and the lights were off. I told Cassi to shut off the TV when it was 10 and their show was over. I don't remember the clock after 9:45pm.

But, come Saturday morning, I was up at 7:30am. I got up and lumbered down the hall to the couch, much in the same state I was in the night before. Rob sent a text message he was on his way. I spent most of the day sleeping. Every time I got up, it was only for a few minutes.

Everyone can laugh at this, when I went to the bathroom, I was afraid of falling head first onto the floor. Even today, I cannot look down or my head wants to go with me. The vertigo has kinda gone away, but the diziness is still there.

Sadly for me, I've got homework to do. I will probably end up not going to class tomorrow. We did check my blood pressure, which happens to be up. Hmmm? Too much alcohol? Nah! Haven't had any in a few weeks (oh, there was that margarita about 2 weeks ago, but just 1).

So, tomorrow, I'll call the doctor and try to get in in the morning. I would like to go so Rob can take me. He's working Monday and Tuesday night. I'll have to see how I am handling walking and stuff tomorrow.

Now: Marie, haven't told mom and dad yet until I get to the doctor. I will call them as soon as I find out. It could be as simple as my blood pressure got elevated. From what, don't know. I DO KNOW it wasn't from too much alcohol.

But, from someone who's seen drunk people, that's EXACTLY what I looked like. Okay. I'm going to close for now. I've got other stuff to do:

  1. Tech Writing:
    - read 2 chapters
    - find a visual that represents the one chapter and 3 values from the chapter
    - continue my research (which seems to be DIFFICULT)
  2. Poetry:
    - continue my journal (check here)
    - update my journal for missing days
    - do some critical reading of Emily Dickinson poems
  3. PTO
    - go to Suzin L chocolatier for fundraising opportunity
    - type up newsletter for February

Think I'm a little busy? Even being sick I've still got STUFF to do. I think somewhere in here I'll also try to take a nap.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok... well call Dad as soon as you know for sure if you aren't going to class. That way he isn't watching for the little one. I hope you feel better!!

Cupcake Blonde said...

If this does not go away by tomorrow go to the doctor and have them check you for an ear infection. A deep inner ear infection can cause vertigo and dizziness. Considering you hvaen't fallen from any high surfaces or bumped your head on anything, this could be the case. And if I remember correctly, I think you had problems with your ears before right? One of your ear drums burst or am I thinking of a completely different person?

I hope you feel better soon! Eric, Brian's borther, had vertigo for over six months and couldn't do anything! So I hope you can get it all figured out and fixed right up.