Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Now I know why...

I'm only having 1 (one) kid! This weekend was the tops of them all. For those of you reading, Saturday was Cassi's birthday. She was a Y2K baby, with this birthday being her 7th (boy, having LOTS of trouble typing tonight). Anyway, I decided, which she agreed we would have her girl classmates and a few others over for her birthday party at the house and a slumber party.

For most of the girls, this was their first time. So, we initially invited 10 girls to come, 6 of them showed up. But, even with that 3 of them never even called to RSVP. But, I was prepared for 10, plus Cassi. I asked all the girls to bring sleeping bags, pillows, and clothes. Even with them bringing stuff, I knew I had blankets. BOY, DO I HAVE BLANETS! And PILLOWS too! They are now stacked neatly in the corner of the living room, between our HUGE 96x62 inch windows. Yep, they're that LARGE, but I digress.

Since it was still after Christmas, we had to make sure we got all of our holiday stuff down. The major stuff was down Wednesday after the holiday. But, I'm still finding little stuff here and there to bring down.

We decided to start the party at 3pm. At first, I wanted to do the "make your own pizza" like we did last year. In the end, we decided to just order from a local place (who incidentally mailed us coupons that week). For 7 girls, Rob and I, we ordered 3 large cheese pizzas, 1 large pepperoni (for Rob), and a small green pepper and onion and a small tomato and onion for me. Ate one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

I can't believe how much the girls ate and drank. By the time they left Sunday, all 3 cheese pizzas were gone. They also consumed a whole half gallon of vanilla ice cream, one gallon of Kool-Aid, 2/3 of the birthday cake, and popcorn. I did have a BIG BAG of plain chips, but we didn't get to them. Oh, yeah! On Sunday, they also ate 2 boxes of Eggo French Toast Sticks and a 12-pack box of Strawberry Pop Tarts. And, about 6 cans of Pepsi!

They were just EATING MACHINES!

We started out with pizza, juice and soda. They ate and watched the movie Barnyard. After the movie, Cassi opened her presents, with daddy taking pictures. Because of it being a slumber party, they were in jammies by 5:30pm. Must have wanted to be comfy. Two of the girls by that time were scheduled not to stay. One girl, Emily, was told in the end she couldn't stay, but Ciara was able to. I know Emily was so sad. According to the story from mom, her older brother was invited to a sleep over birthday party earlier in the year. Well, he remembered mom and dad told him no. Basically, "Why can she go if I wasn't allowed?" So, because he remembered, she couldn't stay. I think dad is VERY protective of his kids, which is fine.

Oh, her presents: Emily gave her a puzzle and stickers; Caroline gave her Fairytopia (Barbie) dolls (they go with the upcoming movie Fairytopia III in spring 2007); Samantha gave her a Barbie & the 12 Dancing Princesses Genevieve (sp?) doll; Ciara gave her a Caroline named ceramic doll and a Disney Princess Crayola Wonders marker and coloring book set; Josephine (Jo) & Hailey gave her the Barbie & the 12 Dancing Princesses horse and carriage. If you're not in the KNOW about girls toys, Barbie & the 12 Dancing Princesses movie is THEEEE movie. So, you've got to get the goods too! Jo's mom said they saw something little, but decided on the BIG gift when they saw it at the store. Jo and Cassi are "frick & frack," "2 peas in a pod," "Thelma & Louise." Need I say more?

So, after the presents and cake, they watched the movie.........



Yep.......


You guessed it: Barbie & the 12 Dancing Princesses!

While watching, they tried to start an unsupervised pillow fight in the living room. I had to stop it on account of stuff that could be broken in the living room. But, we did move it later to the basement, which, of course was recently CLEANED for just such an occasion. They did, however, setup the blankets and pillows. They watched the movie and finished off the vanilla ice cream, along with hot air popped pop corn, which they said they didn't like. They only like microwave popcorn. Of course, because with micro popcorn, you get butter on EVER nook and cranny of the corn. When I told them they needed to eat that or nothing, they ate it.

Then, they watched the SpongeBob Square Pants Movie. At this point, Emily had gone home and Ciara's mom and dad brought clothes and such. They were all getting ready for the sack. Hailey was quietly laying on one of the couches. Because she is much smaller than the other girls, I didn't want them to get to rowdy and beat her up by accident.

When the movie was over, they went to bed, but took almost an hour to quiet down.

Now, this is the calm version of the day (Saturday only). I did do a LOT of yelling to get the girls to calm down. I think Samantha was the culprit of everyone's uprising. Rob worked Friday night and was asleep by 9:30 on Saturday.

Come Sunday morning, Rob was up and got me up at 8am. Cassi, Ciara, and Sam were already up. I made them come into my bedroom to watch TV until the other girls woke up, which was 9am. They all made it out to the living/dining room, where I started toasting up the Eggo's. Caroline's mom came early to get her. She asked for an extra Eggo to go. I know her family doesn't have a lot of money, even less than we do. So, I popped an extra one in for her to take on the road.

The other parents came at noon like I told them (Rob told Caroline's mom 9-10, like a dufus). Jo and Hailey's mom came and said, "Ooh! I got to sleep in." She immediately asked me if she could help me clean up Cassi's room. Actually, they hardly went into her room because of the number of kids. They stayed in the living room or basement to play. Sam's dad came last. She kept trying to slip back into the basement to play. He could tell she had given me a hard time. But, I told him I was stern, but was able to keep her in line. She appears to be the "baby" of the family and seems to get her way ALOT!

So, in the morning, we started watching Madagascar, ate breakfast and a noon snack of pizza and pop tarts (before parents came).

The girls were so hilarious. I couldn't believe how they fretted over someone "farting." Ciara seemed to be the culprit. They couldn't stop laughing. Plus, it seemed her stuff was very "perfumy," one of the girls said she smelled like Dillards (a local Macy's-type store). I can agree on that one.

I couldn't believe how quiet it was Sunday after the kids had left. Sunday night, for New Year's Eve, we went to mom and dad's, took the last 1/3 of the cake so they could get some, and crashed there for the night. On Monday, Caroline called my cell phone, asking if she could come over. I know she's lonely at home. First, I needed some "kid away" time. Also, since we weren't home, she couldn't come over. Maybe next week after school.

Now, with all this said........


I'M GLAD
I'VE ONLY GOT
ONE KID!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Pictures in another post!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

LOL. You had a fun time. Admit it.

;-)

Cathy said...

Yep. I had a HILARIOUS time! But, I was absolutely tired once everyone left. I think, because most of the kids knew me from their kindergarten school, and I was there a lot too, they were cool with my "authority-figure" tone. But, we all had fun too!

Unknown said...

I'm glad Cassi was able to have as many friends over as she did. During the school break it's hard to have parties like that. Especially since people usually plan trips out of town then.