Friday, January 26, 2007

Mmmmm, A Cucubmer Sandwich

This morning, I sliced up a cucumber so it wouldn't go bad. Gotta use all my veggies. After slicing, as I wanted to use them in a salad, I said to myself, "Mmmm! A cucumber sandwich. I haven't have one of these in years."

I proceeded to pull out 2 pieces of bread and a little mayo. The sandwich is cucumbers, a little mayo, and salt and pepper to taste. VERY YUMMY!

On a side note, as today is Friday, Friday is my catch up on housework day (and maybe some PTO stuff). As I am realizing HOW MUCH work I am doing in both of my classes, Friday is definitely the day for housework. So, today, I've got a bag of garbage to get to the can (outside freezing to an icicle), dishes to be put away and dirty ones to get into the dishwasher (okay, this is done and the dishes are drying in the dish washer), laundry to be folded and 2 more loads to wash. Here's one of my "weird things" about me. I have no problem washing laundry. It just takes me forever to fold them. But, I've got 2 loads folded, 2 more to fold, and 2 more to wash.

Plus, ALL my homework for the weekend, which includes 2 chapters to read, a visual to find for tech writing that I can use later to write about, and research on my project. Then, I've got a few poems to write for my workshop, along with updating my journal. I've got topics for "personal reflection" in draft here in my blog. I just have to write about them and get them printed for my journal.

With that, I'm going to close for now. Need to take the laundry into the basement and get it started. Oh, later, I'm taking Cassi to get her new glasses. This is the time of year for her. We got her 2 pairs this year, one for school only and one for home and about. Because of the AWESOME insurance Rob has at the Cleveland Clinic, her glasses and exam are only costing about $175. Plus, since we prebudgeted for this with his benefits, we've got the money set aside already in a health care spending account. (just for an occasion such as this)

Next month, we will probably have dentists appointments. Cassi and I will go for our 6-month checkup. Rob needs to just GO. Cassi's got her 3rd tooth loose. Can't wait until it comes out.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the dentist and it's good that you were able to two pairs of glasses for such a great price!

Cupcake Blonde said...

That is a great deal on the glasses! We have to go get our presecriptions changed soon and I dread going because of the cost.