Monday, January 22, 2007

Being Tagged

Okay. My AWESOME blog friend, Miki just tagged me. Take a look at her blog to see what's going on. The task, should I choose to take it, is to tell the world 6 weird things about me.

Here goes:

1. I hate to do housework. Because I have always been a "worker," someone with a job, I have always considered work, even housework as a project. Well, at work, a PROJECT gets completed. Then, you move to the next project, hopefully never to come back to the old. That doesn't happen with housework. It's always there and never seems to go away.

2. I ALWAYS dream in color. For all the dreams I remember, which are most, they are always in color. Numbers have always been my thing too, being a very logical thinker. In one dream, I won 4 million dollars. Don't remember how or where. But, darnit, where's my money? Then, in another dream, I was shopping at Lane Bryant and wanted to purchase clothing with my credit card (had a card but not when I had the dream). The total came to 7## dollars (can't remember this number. But, I do remember the sales lady telling me I had 429 dollars on my credit card to spend. So, I had to return some of the clothes I wanted to buy. Also, I came across the georgous pants outfit was was cream and red roses. The fabric was that soft velour, but very durable. I can even remember feeling the fabric (not something someone remembers from a dream).

3. I'm losing my hearing. Okay, that's not a weird item. What is weird is what I hear in my ears. Yep, both of them. For those of you who have been in the country, in the summer, and at night. That is what I hear. Just like the buzzing done by bugs. And the worse part, when I've been stressed, it gets stronger and worse by the end of the day. Hmm, maybe that is part of why I have trouble sleeping.

4. (taken from Miki) I NEVER in a million years figured I would be the one married and with a child. When I was growing up, I told everyone who ever asked, "No. I'm not getting married and I'm not having kids. I want a career." After dating this guy for 4 years, something just happened that made me realize it was over. I REALLY loved him at the time and probably still do today, but it wasn't to be for us. Six months later, I was married to someone who lived locally. Two years later we had our first child. Now, I don't work (but go to college) and spend my time helping her with her learning issues and PTO. And I'm HAPPY. Not happy at the fact we don't have more money because I don't work, but that's another story.

5. Talking about my ex. After being separate from him for 10 years, we have finally reconnected. We've seen each other once, which really wasn't long enough. Because I am such a people-oriented person, I want more than I can get. That also might have been why we are no longer together. But, the new relationship seems to be working, even at a long-distance friendship. Who knows where it might lead. He still looks the same and is still handsome.

6. I have ALWAYS been heavy. I was probably one of the first girls in my neighborhood to wear a bra. I remember having to wear one from 4th grade on. All through high school, I never dated. No one seemed to want to date the "heavy girl." I would get hooked on this idea that a friend would want to date me. When they didn't, I would go home and cry for 2 days. Once that was over, I would go back to normal and still be friends. It would have been very lonely for me not to have friends. So, I didn't get to go to my prom (how sad). I didn't even have my first boyfriend until college. I didn't meet my husband until I was 25, going on 26. But, and here's the weird part, how we got married. We met after Valentine's Day in 1997. Just before St. Patrick's Day, less than a month later, we were married. It works. This March 14, we will be married for 10 years.

Hmmm, it appears numbers are all around me. This year, the number 10 is it!

Okay, so I've got my 6 weird things. I'll have to decide over today if I want to continue the tag. Not sure if I want to as many of Miki's friends are also mine.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: