Friday, December 29, 2006

A Week...

Well, this has been a week. There was sick kid, Christmas, sick kid, Rob off work, sick kid. Did I mention Cassi was sick?

It has been a crazy week. Starting last Friday, Cassi went to Pa's for the weekend. But, she had to come home Sunday 'cause Santa was coming here to bring her her goodies. I told her we made our final phone conference with Santa while she was gone. We're in the 21st century, gotta get with the times with Santa, folks. Since we're mom and dad, we've got the special 800 number, direct line to Santa. If we didn't have our phone conference, Cassi might not have gotten ANY gifts from Santa this year.

Over the weekend, just the THOUSANDS of other crazy last-minute shoppers bought out last-minute gifts. Can't help it with all the bills and his pay day is the 21st, just before Christmas. I was able to get for myself this AWESOME 2-cup coffee pot. It's from Black N Decker. You can make one 16-oz cup of coffee (or my fave, tea) on one side or two from both sides. Rob suggested getting a coffee bean grinder and buying some coffee, but I'm NOT QUITE READY for coffee. I only like coffee occasionally, which is why a grinder and beans would be good. But, I LOVE it for my chai tea and other loose-leaf teas. I'll DEFINITELY be getting more of that.

We get a call Saturday that Cassi is sick, but Pa and Nana will still keep her until Sunday and bring her home. She started running a fever, etc. But, she came home Sunday tired. I made a roaster chicken, taters, veggies, and had left-over home-made bread. MMMM-MMMM!

Daddy had to work Sunday and Monday night. Because he had off for Thanksgiving and will have off for her birthday and New Year's, Christmas, he was NOT!

While Cassi was gone, I wrapped all of our presents for Cassi (and the other gifts for other people) and hid them. Since her room is right across the hall from us, I didn't want her hearing the wrapping paper. Plus, because of our house, we've got a basement and more storage. So, after daddy went to work and Cassi went to bed, I went to my secret storage spot and pulled out the presents. Daddy wanted Cassi home to be able to open gifts with her Monday morning, after he got home from work and before he went to bed.

Monday morning, boy, did Cassi get a haul. Santa was VERY GOOD TO HER!

She got (let me see if I can remember everything):
  • a scooter
  • a doodle bear (it's a bear you can marker on, then wash it and do it again)
  • books
  • play dough
  • Twister
  • a purse (one for mommy & one for Cassi that are the same large & small)
  • Disney Monopoly
  • Playstation 2 Games including Barbie & the 12 Dancing Princesses, Guitar Hero II, and a few others
  • a play cheerleader outfit
  • a Dora sleeping bag with cushion that transforms into a chair
  • a fleece blankie with the Disney Princesses
  • a set of 6 Disney Princess barbies (see a theme here?)
  • a baking set with chef's hat (I really wanted that for me)
  • oh, that's right, 2 doodle bears
  • Bugs Bunny & Casper cartoons

I think that was it. But, this wasn't all from Santa, mommy & daddy got her a few of these things too. I also gave her today a t-shirt from Cleveland State University. When I took my trip on the bus down to OSU, they gave everyone a shirt. I took the smallest size, which seems to be a good size for a night shirt for her!

Then, we got out stuff together to go to Pa and Nana's. Because she was going back for the week, she never brought her clothes home. So, more goes to their house. Rob says, "Why don't I get dressed and come with you to their house. I can open presents with you guys, then sleep in the side bedroom (Cassi's room) until it's time to eat and go to work. I'll be closer to the clinic."

Not a bad idea. He works in Cleveland. Mom and dad are in Cleveland. Good idea. She got lots of stuff from them too. Slippers, one pair for home and one for there. Pajamas, which were originally labeled for Marie (huhh? Marie was already there and got her goodies). We got a new electric blanket. Rob likes to turn the thing on ROAST. Yep, we've had one for years. He burned out the last control. Hopefully, since this one is electronic, that he won't burn it out. Bea, Grandpa Dave's girlfriend (and so to be wife), gave all of us gag gifts. For Rob, he gave him an elf's costume. I told him he needed to wear it to work OVER his scrubs since he wears all white to work. It would have been HILARIOUS.

We ate din-din around 3pm. Rob wanted to get up to eat with us, but I didn't even attempt to wake him up. I let him sleep til 5pm for him to eat, shower, and go to work. He said he had to fight to stay awake (a thumb up his butt because it was so slow).

So, Cassi stayed and I came home alone. But, while Cassi was gone, I got some much needed quiet and extra sleep. Because Tuesday, we did our "after Christmas/Pre-Spring Cleaning" in the basement. We have always WANTED to clean up our basement. Now, with the babies gone, we did it. The garbage will NOT like us again as we started the cleanout before Christmas. This week, they got pipes, old doors, and wood from the basement. Next week, they're getting everything else. You would have thought we were moving in or something.

By Wednesday, I had to take Cassi to the doctor. She was getting a rash on her stomach and back. According to the doctor, because of her running a fever, the rash might have been caused by the virus. (note to all moms out there reading this) Because of all the SICKNESSES going around here, I'm surprised she stayed healthy as long as she did. We thought maybe chicken pox or measles. This would be a great time to get them as I've still got 2 weeks off before starting back to school on the 16th.

But, she went BACK to Pa's Wednesday night after taking her first dose of liquid Z-pack. She was SO mad that it wasn't her "good" medicine. Yesterday, we get this call from Pa because she won't take her medicine. Well, Rob and I were at Patty's new house, giving them their Christmas gifts. I tell him to tell her that we would come get her because she's not taking her medicine; daddy would kick her butt and STILL make her take her medicine. (R-rated quote here) Pa says, "You had better take your medicine because daddy's gonna come, kick your ass, and still make you take your medicine. So what are you gonna do?" They called back a little later, saying she had taken her medicine. Plus, because she wasn't taking medicine, she didn't get to watch TV.

But, she stayed until today. She got to go to Chuck E. Cheese's today too. I can't believe how tired I've been. I think that newspaper class really burned me out. I'm really glad I decided not to take it this semester.

More info to come...

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a crazy week! Hopefully tomorrow's party will go well too!

Cathy said...

As usual, life is CRAZY. And, it won't get any lighter as next week, Cassi goes back to school, Rob's back doctor's appointment, and my work with the school's PTO.