Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Best Friend...

I'm looking for a best friend. With my schedule, it has been very difficult. Someone to like me who I am. Someone to like my child and not mind them tagging along. Someone who doesn't care that I'm married. This person can be male or female, close or far. Close would be good as I would like to go out and do thing, but mostly because I want someone to share secrets with (he he!).

If you're not a Disney movie watcher or someone with kids, you might not know the song I'm about to share. The song is Shoulder to Shoulder by Carly Simon (another of my all-time favorite female singers). It's from Pooh's Heffalump Movie, which Cassi appears to be watching right now in my room.

Shoulder to Shoulder

Lyrics by: Carly Simon
Music by: Carly Simon

We stand shoulder to shoulder
We see eye to eye
We dive deep under water
We jump high in the sky

We stand shoulder to shoulder
We stand side to side
When one of us gets a tiny bit tired
One gives the other a ride

I've never had a best friend before
So I can't be sure what it feels like
But I think it feels more like this
I think I feel more like myself
When I'm with you

Finding, losing and finding
Losing and finding
Making a bond that is strong
Building a house for our friendship
Breathing a breath for our song
For our song


Can you be my friend? (Okay, I wrote this primarily because of the song, but I would LOVE to have someone I can call my best friend. I have LOTS of good friends, just not any who I can tell EVERYTHING to and not be judged. MARIE, you don't count!)

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Darn it!! You always keep me out! LOL