Friday, December 29, 2006

Today and Tomorrow...

So, I'm getting the house ready for the onslaught of little girls. If everyone comes, I've invited 10 girls for Cassi's party. We've got a cake ordered. We're going to order pizza and stuff when the girls arrive.

Today and this evening, I'm finishing getting the house ready. What's going on tomorrow? Yes, Cassi is having a party. Tomorrow, December 30, is Cassi's 7th birthday. My baby is getting OLD. She was an unscheduled Y2K baby. Typically, she's been sick on her birthday, but the last couple years she hasn't been sick at all. When she was born, there were A LOT of complications. Somehow, sickness seemed to show up every year on her birthday. This year has been the first year in a few that she was sick just before her birthday.

My child is asking to be able to play with one of the computers. Right now, my desktop and laptop are in the office. Rob's desktop is attached to the living room TV. It's been fun because we got the TV tuner for the desktop and have been running the cable directly through the computer. I've been able to record my shows and watch them later. Even better than DVR. This came in VERY handy when I did my last paper for my Gender in Comm class.

With all that said, I've got to go finish some dishes, clean off the dining room table, and get miscellaneous stuff ready. I've got TONS of blankets, pillows, etc ready for the girls who don't have any. Plus, right now, I'm listening to the Rocky Balboa soundtrack. It's VERY good. I'll bring my iPod out in the living room and attach to a set of speakers to listen to while I'm working.

If I don't blog again until the weekend's over, you all understand. We're not doing much for New Year's. Don't have the money and don't know where to go anyway. I'm not a big drinker, and haven't been since I stopped traveling for E&Y (used to drink 1 margarita a night when I travelled). AND, for those of you thinking, she must have been a drinker, I've never been DRUNK. We'll probably head to Mom and Dad's, eat, and crash for the night because of the drunks on the street. Plus, Monday, Mom's got her usual pork roast for dinner. Rob's excited because he gets saurkraut (yuk!).

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: