Saturday, December 16, 2006

Are we here yet?

As Cassi said as we frustratedly waited in line to get in at Blossom Music Center.

"No. We're not there yet. But, when we get there, I'll tell you we're here," I told her back.

From Elyria to Blossom Music Center, it's an hour drive, across the turnpike. We have been so busy today, with Caroline here. We went to Wal-Mart, Burger King, and played. We had dinner (besides a snack at BK).

Rob had the smart idea to take the drive to Blossom. Blossom is known for being a wonderful outdoor concert venue. During the summer, the location is the home of the Cleveland Orchestra.

But, during the winter, from about 11/16 until 1/16, the drive-thru is turned into a winter wonderland, filled with lights. I'll add my better photos tomorrow.

The link to the center is at: Blossom Music.

They do have a video of the displays. The kids ABSOLUTELY loved it. The cost to drive through? $12.50 (but a $2.50 discount made it $10) The only problem was that everyone else wanted to drive through too. So, it took us an hour to get about 5 miles off the highway to the center.

Yep, I think it was worth it in the end because the kids enjoyed themselves. After, though, we had to stop and potty, snack, and refill the gas tank to drive back home.

Now, the kids are laying on the couches, watching TV before falling asleep. And, I'm wide awake. Gotta love insomnia, but also my left shoulder hurts.

Ever since I moved here (13 years ago), I've had nothing but trouble with my left shoulder. Okay, everyone can laugh at my expense. I sneezed so hard I pulled my should out of the socket and pulled the muscle. (here's your cue to laugh horrendously)

I'm gonna close for the night. I've also got a headache. AND, I think I'll tell the kids it's time for bed, but I also want to have my round on the blogs before bed too.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I've been trying to read your posts but they are all jumbled and the lines cut off...

Cupcake Blonde said...

I once sneezed and threw my back out so it is not that uncommon.

And I only laughed a little bit! :)