Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Trip to OSU!

This was a VERY interesting trip. Because one of my friends from news class really wanted to go to Ohio State University for our basketball game, I decided I would go with her. One of the other guys was going to go and backed out at the last minute for work. Even though my sister was coming into town for the weekend, I was going to be kid free (at Pa's) and hubby free (at work), I figured it would be fun.

First, we decided we would drive ourselves. I told her I had no problem driving because I'm a driver. At the same time, the campus activities board had rented a big bus to drive anyone down. So, in the end, we decided to take the bus. We wouldn't have to drive at all.

Also, because we were going for class, and the sports information director told us we could get press passes, we arranged for press passes. When we got to the campus, I couldn't believe how LARGE the campus is. If I had had the opportunity to go to OSU, I would have taken it.

But, we arrived at the arena, with the bus driver telling the traffic people that she had "members of the press" on the bus. It made us feel kind of important. They hustled the bus to one parking lot right near the arena. After we got off, we saw a sheriff (or may state police) going to the bus. Come to find out that he wanted to make her (the driver) move the bus. By no means would she move the bus. She had "members of the press" inside, who needed to come back and forth to the bus if needed. He told her if she stayed with the bus, she could stay.

The game was very exciting. We started up in the Press Box. I couldn't believe how high up we were. With my vertigo and all, it was rough for me, but I overcame it. We went down to the floor, interested in finding out if we had a space on the floor as well. It would have been nice, but no. There were places for The Plain Dealer reporters, who, incidentally, never showed up. Being down there would have been nice because we would have had a better chance at action photos for our news stories.

After taking a peek at the men's roster, come to find out a junior player is from my high school. Good 'ol Northern Burlington Regional HS in Columbus, NJ. Got to go meet this guy to see how he ended up in Cleveland! I've since read that he's sitting out this season because he's a transfer from St. John's University.

But the game was very exciting. There were spots of green dotted all over the arena, even though we were in a huge sea of red (or scarlet)!

In the end, we lost the game by 21. But, that's not bad for playing against #4 OSU. It gives the men good experience.

After I got home, I stopped at my mom's house to potty and get a snack. We really didn't eat dinner. I had lunch on the way to the bus, but only had the snacks they gave us on the bus. Cassi was so tired. So, I finished the pizza from dad and went home.

And, that was my trip to OSU!

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: