Friday, December 15, 2006

BAAAAAAD Blogger!

Okay. I've been REALLY bad at submitting posts. But, after you read the BARRAGE of stuff I've done over the past two weeks, you will definitely understand.

First, last week was HELL on wheels. The week started with just a couple of us parents setting up the school for Santa's Secret Shop. Because I am the Vice President of the PTO, I feel it's my responsibility to be where I need to be WHEN I need to be there. So, Monday, we spent a few hours in the afternoon setting up. Tuesday and Wednesday was shopping days for the kids.

Remind you, through all of this, Cassi has ice skating lessons Monday night (which was colder than "Hell" freezing over), Rob working at night so having to get dinner cooked for him before he leaves for the Cleveland Clinic, and my school on Monday-Wednesday-Friday (which this was the last week of classes).

Monday night, after Cassi goes to bed, and Rob is off work, I sit on my computer and type of price cards to be placed in front of said goodies at the sale. Plus, I type up goodie list that we TRY to get the kids to use to determine how much of the stuff we sell. Gotta love it when you're anal-detail oriented, like I am.

So, Tuesday, we weren't ready because of last-minute arranging of goodies because there's 2 boxes of stuff not even on our lists. We have to come up with pricing for the items and labels for the tables. AND, all I kept hearing from the moms was, "well, we did it like this last year." or "all you have to do is punch the number on the bottom of the box into the register and it will bring up the price."

I was so ready to just up and leave. I was sick of these parents. #1. We are not running it like last year, because we went with another company. #2. You can't just type the number into the register because the register isn't programmed. Anyone want to spend the time? Didn't think so.

All of a sudden, it appeared that Dan, the treasurer and I were put in charge of this thing. Also, we had been told that last year, kids came through a couple at a time, which sounded like a good thing to me. Not to many kids at once. NOPE. Didn't happen either. It was a free-for-all, and more than one class came at the same time. This will NOT happen next year. By the end of the day, I was ready for a FEW bottles to drink (and I'm not talking about baby bottles of milk!). But, the principal was really good. My major problem was we needed someone to direct the kids and teachers through the process and no one was available to do it. I couldn't because I was managing the cash register and the rowdy kids because it was a slow process.

I couldn't wait to get back to college on Wednesday! Being away from the kids was a dream. Goals for next year: 1. get the price list early enough from the company and get it electronically, 2. if the items aren't on the full price list, don't sell it, 3. have more people setup and work with the kids, 4. more control over the inventory.

But, the rest of the week was the usual craziness of school, Cassi & school, and Rob & work.

My sister, Marie, came into town over the weekend and brought Joe with her. They worked on grandpa's computer and spent time with family. Cassi was very upset that Marie didn't stay at Pa's house like she usually does. She doesn't understand that Joe is uncomfortable sleeping in the house with mom & dad.

Saturday, I took a school trip to Ohio State University (info located in a different post). All I can say here is, "What a Campus!" Wish I had gone there when I was single and had an opportunity to be away from home. But, that's another life away.

This week was finals week for fall semester. Monday was for the journalism class. And, even though we didn't have a final, we did have the paper to produce and get to press. Plus, it was Cassi's last skating lesson day. So, even though they could have used me at school, I had to leave at 4.

The main reason for this is because I had to take Rob's car to work, my brakes (gotta spell it right) were shot. Even though Rob stayed up all night working, he stayed up all day to replace my brakes and get Cassi from school. By the time I got home from school, they were both sleeping. Rob didn't get up until 8, I think, because I think he ate dinner and went back to bed.

Tuesday, sheesh, I can't remember what I did Tuesday. I know I didn't go to school, but not much of anything else. I know Cassi and I watched X-Men 3, started watching X-Men 2 in bed and was asleep by 8:45 and slept until 8 the next morning. All I really remember was being so tired.

Wednesday, I went to school to deliver newspapers, clean up the news room, and get my copies for personal file. I'll get my Web site updated soon with all of this semester's newspapers I had the joy of reporting for, laying out, and editing. After school, I had a PTO meeting, along with getting food cooked for Rob before going to work.

Yesterday, was just a plain mess. My friend, Patty, needed major help with her new house. They got the keys and were ready for moving in. Hubby had trouble wiring her rooms for technology. Because Rob knows how to do this, and he asked me to come, we ened up spending the day in Medina, helping get the rooms wired. She had 6 of her rooms with Cat5 jacks put into the walls. Yes, with wireless, you don't need this, but she wanted it just in case. In the basement was a panel for hard-wiring to the wall. It took Rob just about all day to figure out: 1. which wire went with which room and 2. the exact wiring from jack in room to punch-down panel in basement. I actually had to leave once to come back from Medina to my house in Elyria to get supplies, kid, and food.

But, I went ballistic when we got home because this morning was my final exam in my Gender in Communication class. I really needed to finish studying but didn't get any chance because when we got home, realized that Cassi had lots of homework that we didn't do in Medina. So, instead of me, I helped her. This morning, I was up at 6 to get the last of my studying done before the test. Again, I don't know how I will do on the test. My hope is for a C on the test. But, I don't know about my final grade. Out of 7 scores to make up my final grade, I know 3, which doesn't help me figure out if I'm going to get a C or not. Everyone pray for me.

With that, it's 4:35 pm East Coast Time. Child keeps begging me for din-din. I'll post my story about OSU after dinner.

Hope everyone doesn't go cross-eyed reading ALL of this.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

My goodness! I seems you are just overwhelmed. I hope things calm down soon and you are able to enjoy the holidays a bit.

Miki said...

Hey, I am exhausted just reading this. OH MY! Hope that this week gets easier, though, now that finals are over. I haven't been sleeping well, with the holiday stuff breathing down my neck, trying to accomplish things this year is just a tiny bit overwhelming. I am never not done with shopping, but this year, I am, not done, and we don't ahve that many days left! Frenzy frenzy frenzy!

Unknown said...

Yep it has been a crazy few weeks! Thanks goodness you get a bit of a break now!