Saturday, December 02, 2006

All My Children...

No, not the soap opera, my babies.

This is Patches, the mom to the next three. As much as Marie wanted her because she loved Marie, she loved anyone who came into the house. I think it was primarily because she wanted to be outside.


This is Fluffy. She was one of the two larger babies. She appears to have the calico coloring and long haired. She always loved it when I brushed her. Plus, when I slept with two pillows, one above the one I used, she would sleep above my head on the extra pillow. Now that pillow is empty.

This is Smokey. Even at five months old, she was the smallest of the four kittens. She still cried for mommy. I really think she still needed her because of how small she was. She was forever getting under our blankets or jackets in the living room to keep warm, and find a warm spot to take a nap. Here, she has craweled into my fleece jacket for a nap.

This is Tiger and the only boy who remained in the brood. Big brother was adopted. But, he filled brother's shoes quite nicely. He always knew when I was on the laptop, desktop, etc. He especially knew if I was printing. He always wanted to lay on my boobs (must have thought they were his sleeping spot), left shoulder, or on top of my office chair. Plus, because he still had claws, he never fell off when I leaned back. He was my "big baby."

Finally, this is Charlie. No relation to the other cats. We had her the longest, originally coming to us from a farm across the street from where we used to live. I knew she had come from that farm because of other "farm cats" that looked like her. She ended up gaining so much weight after Patches arrived. I think she thought that if she didn't eat and EAT, she wouldn't get enough. I don't think she really wanted to share. Or, when Patches came, she might have known that Patches was pregnant. But, she was so huge when she left. I just hope she found another good home.
Okay, this will be the last set of pictures of the kids.
Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how much you must miss them. Maybe someday after you are back in the working force you can get some more cats then.